Scout/IH truck Sightings

Discussion in 'General IH Tech' started by Supremebeholder, Jul 22, 2003.

1. 61Scout80

61Scout80 Farmall Cub

Re: Scout Sighting

Actually, I saw that Scout from "The Rundown" for sale not too long ago on ebay. I did a search on ebay to try to find the auction and link it in here, but it didnt come up. IIRC it sold for around 2200 - 2500.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but the one on ebay had yellowish emblems on the doors and what looked like rust on top of all the fenders. In the auction they said that was a process they do to make it looked "aged", I just hope my memory is working! :confused: Amazing what they can do in movies to make it appear it was crushed. It was in great shape too, did a lot of maintenence on it before the film.
    Anyway - just my .02

2. IHpitbull

IHpitbull Farmall Cub

I read threw most all of this thread and don't think this one was mentioned.
    There is a black Scout II in the movie Desperando with selma and antonio which actually gets shown quite a bit and in the last scene they drive off into the sunset in it.

3. Eric Underriner

Eric Underriner Binder Driver

Ok late 70's early 80's crap tv fans. There was a SII prominently featured in an episode of CHIPS. The bad guys mounted a laser type device in the bed of a scout and used it to rob passers by. Now that's a quality use of an IH product. FYI the fant ad features a bronco, not a scout. Although a nicely restored dark blue scout II was featured in an Eastpack (backpack) commercial.And we can't forget jurassic park II.

4. french dugay

french dugay High Wheeler

Just finished watching the movie Rundown. There is a Scout in the last part of the movie. It was the same one that was listed on EBay a couple months ago.
    French

5. WesV

WesV Y-Block King

Shorty But Goody!!!
    I was watching Trucks! on SpikeTV tonight and they ran an ad for Edlebrock. In the middle of the ad there is some footage a a '76 SII set up on at least 35s with a Big ol' front bumper and winch spinning its tires with all abandon up some rocks. COOL AD sad thing is the only thing they really make for us is carbs, daggone it!

6. CollegeKid

CollegeKid Farmall Cub

Harry Connick Jr. drives a Scott 800 in Hope Floats. Selma Hayek drives a II in Fools Rush In. Also a scout in Desperado with selma and antonio benderas.

7. NickO

NickO Farmall Cub

Saw three IHs in Electric Horseman the other night.

1. Red 80/800 in a yard when Redford is riding the horse, trying to get away from the cops.

2. 69-75 P/U on the highway while they are driving in the van.

3. Scout II across the street from the cafe/bus stop when Fonda leaves.

8. Tonka Toy

Tonka Toy Binder Driver

I'm not gonna look through all of these posts to see if it was mentioned or not, but I have one. In Bad Boys II, near the end, the "Cuban Millitary" has a 72 or 3 Travelall (might be a 1010) they are using to chase down the good guys as they cross the yard of this big estate. Gurillas hanging out of the windows, shooting madly at the new H2, (big, bright yellow, and within 50 feet, yet the never hit the tires or the driver. Go figure?) that the good guys are driving. It only lasts for a few seconds before it lands in a fountain. :mad: :(

Probably not hurt bad, it wasn't jumped or anything. But it sure bugs me when they do that kind of thing. :mad: Why can't the use Suburbans and Blazers for the impact parts, and use the IH for the rest? They are junk, cheap, and found everywhere. What's one more dead Chevy anyway?

9. Whyle

Whyle High Wheeler

Not a scout but I just spotted a IH fridge on the set of friends :D Now that would be cool to pick up .

10. Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Farmall Cub

Saw a movie called "Band of the Hand" about an Indian Nam vet who trains some street punks to fight crime. He drives a convertible IH pickup with a goofy yellow camo job.

-J

11. pweeks3

pweeks3 High Wheeler

Don't know if it was mentioned before but I saw an episode of "Walker, Texas Ranger" and there was a faded red Scout II with a light bar on the roof. There were some bad guys selling immigrants from Mexico as slaves. Chuck Norris was undercover talking to some bad guys and it was right behind him.

12. Tom Walker

Tom Walker Binder Driver

Has anyone seen the later model, red 800 is a recent AT&T commercial?

13. oscarthescout

oscarthescout Farmall Cub

another scout sighting. A beautiful scout 800 in the new dvd release the whole ten yards. It in the background when there at the pink hotel. I didn't watch the movie my wife did and told me about it so i fast fowarded to see it. THe scout is red with a white top. very nice.

14. 61Scout80

61Scout80 Farmall Cub

I did a real quick "look over" of this thread and didnt see it mentioned, and yes its a chick flick, but the guy that plays Dolly Partons husband in Steel Magnolia's has a Scout 800. Shows it a few scenes, and then again at the end for about 2 whole minutes :D

My wife also mentioned to me that she saw a Scout 80 / 800 in a documentary covering Woodstock. Looking at the cable menu, it comes on the 16th at 4:30 am on Cinemax E, and at 7:30 on Cinemax W. They were interviewing someone on the street, and it passes by in the background.

Just my .02

15. 72soa

72soa Binder Driver

I was watching a documenterary on Vietnam. Tet 1968 in Siagon there is a Scout on the street of Siagon. Then the evacuation of Siagon in 75 there is a Scout 2 and several larger IH products shown.

16. Jeff Ismail

Jeff Ismail High Wheeler

There's a new TV show out called Summerland. In the show one of the characters drives a Scout II. That Scout belongs to my brother Mike. I tried watching the show a few times in hopes of seeing my bro's Scout on national tv but the show is too boring for me. If the show gets good reviews they plan on using my bros rig as long as the show stays airing.

Jeff

17. BigRigg

BigRigg Y-Block King

Jeff that is too cool :cool: What channel is that show on? I guess I should say what broadcast? I'd like to take a look.

18. Goober

Goober Farmall Cub

I was watching the Andy Griffith show the other day - it was the episode where the gold truck comes through going to Fort Knox and ends up being a decoy, called "Black Day for Mayberry", well, the armord truck is a '59 B140(?). has several good shots of it and it sounds great.

19. William

William Farmall Cub

There is a movie called "Thunder Heart" with Val Kilmer that came from a book and in the book a Scout is mentioned a few times. I didn't read it but my mom thought I should know about it. I bug the crud out of people when I'm watching a movie because I have to rewind and pause for all the IHC's.

20. french dugay

french dugay High Wheeler

on the trailer for a new show on TNT called with out a trace there is the front end of an orange Scout II