Scout/IH truck Sightings

Discussion in 'General IH Tech' started by Supremebeholder, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Supremebeholder

Supremebeholder High Wheeler

Scout Sighting

I saw a yellow ’73 scout at the very beginning of the “Avril lavigne(sp?) - complicated” music video. It is a fairly old video (maybe 8 months old?) and I think they usually cut the beginning off, but I caught the beginning on one of the MTV’s and it was sitting there while she went by on a skateboard. Also, it looked real nice, like it had been fully restored.

2. sully0812

sully0812 High Wheeler

Another one I saw recently, is a full size pickup near the end of Rambo III.

It's near the end, during the big fight scene where Rambo takes on the entire Soviet army, and the Afghan rebels come in and save the day. There was a machine gun mounted in the bed, and Rambo jumps up into the back of the truck and starts firing the gun.

I tried to get some screen captures, but I apparently can't get them from the DVD software on my computer. (only gives me a black bocx, because the DVD software writes directly to the video card, rather than going through the windows subsystem.)

Maybe I'll try again, and see what I can manage.

TorqueMonster1 likes this.
  3. David Fulford

David Fulford Binder Driver

That reminds me...

Do you guys watch ER?

In the episode where Mark Green went to Hawaii to die from his brain tumor, he taught his daughter to drive a stick in a red early 70's Scout II topless (the Scout, not his daughter :D ) Lots of good shots of it. It's cool to see them on TV.

4. Baradium

Baradium Lives in an IH Dealership

Re: That reminds me...

That's the only ER episode I've ever seen parts of... saw as much as I could, but didn't catch a ton.

"standing outside the fire" by Garth Brooks features a 1010 travelall... a LOT. I mean a good couple of minutes of IH!

I've seen a couple movies recently with scouts in them, don't remember the names though.

There are some other country videos with IH's

One of the female singers passes by a guy working under the hood of his scout on the side of the road in one song.

I think that's a D series IH (older D, the 30's kind) in the new cheerios commercial with the truck holding the strawberries.

There is a KB-8 or so pickup in "cat's and dogs" Can clearly see where it says "international" on the side in a shot of it at the factory when they are unloading the fish...

5. agilliam_sc

agilliam_sc Farmall Cub

Here's my bid for the most dubious Scout sighting ever.

Just tonight I was watching a "documentary of the pimp and ho lifestyle," called "Pimps Up, Hos Down." In a scene where they were showing some ladies working the streets, a light grey or blue topless Scout II drove past one of them. (Luckily for us Scout fans, he didn't stop;-) It certainly wasn't on screen for long, but it was definitely a Scout II.

Incidentally, it was one of the most depressing movies I've ever seen. These poor women were treated pretty badly, yet they'd defend their pimps to the end. One guy made his women walk 10 feet behind him, heads down, and they were forbidden to look him or any other pimp in the eye. Weird movie. But at least I got to see a Scout.

6. Paul "Misterfixit" Schulz

Paul "Misterfixit" Schulz Super Mod from Downunder Staff Member Administrator Moderator

out here on wedensday night the new show 'without a trace' was on and a crook drove off in a brown and white traveltop,the FBI follow him, he goes into his house and the FBI get out of their cars and position themselves behind the engine bay of the scout, (because they know they are bullet proof) then they lean over the bonnet (nice stable gun rest) they put several holes in the crook.

no damage to the scout, they didnt shoot it,blow it up or drive it off a cliff - treated like the star it is!

7. dragon

dragon Farmall Cub

there is one in the bad boys move not sure what kind it at the end in the house shoot up!

8. Thomas

Thomas Dreams of Cub Cadets

Re: Scout Sighting

---LMAO, better record the video and take a better look. The Scout II (I believe a `76) was not as purty looking as it seemed in the 1/2 second shot you see when she passed it by while riding the skateboard. The front end on the passenger side had a nice chunk of sheet metal cut away from about in front of the marker light to the headlight, almost 3/4 of that area was cut away most likely due to a ding and/or cancer. For the most part, it looked like the average Northern Michigan Scout that had been subject to years of road salts and harsh Winters, but most of it semed to be surface rust. My oldest boy downloaded 1/4 of the video and played it frame by frame for me. We spotted it back when the video was new :p

---I have been seeing a lot of them lately. Looks like the appreciation value may be going up soon. Johnsonville commercials, movies like Dreamcatcher, Ali, and more than a few on PBS and cable channels such as Oxygen, Lifestyle and the likes.

9. Goober

Goober Farmall Cub

On one of the more recent Junk Yard Wars episodes, the one with the Indy pit crew, the NASCAR team, and the Funny car team; there are alot of shots of a early 60's model IHC four door pickup. Also, has any one seen the new Queens of the Stone Age video, Go With the Flow? That is one bad a$$ video. The last QOTSA video had an old Scout in it and this one has two cool old trucks too.

10. Throttle_Jockey

Throttle_Jockey Farmall Cub

Don't forget the Scout in the most infamous movie "Deliverance."

Also I can't tell because it goes by so quick, but on the Fanta commercial, is that a scout or a donkey-o? The tailgate and lights look like a scout, but the roll bar and the front windshield look more like a bronco. It flashed by so quick I'll have to look out for it again.

11. Mountainkowboy

Mountainkowboy Farmall Cub

Was watching a music video the other day on MTV, there was a Scout II in it. Kinda weird, guys hit a deer ,was strapped to the hood, deer came alive, kicked there butts, tied them to the hood ran it off a cliff (i think) ended up in a whore house (the deer):confused: But it was a Scout:D

12. strobengh

strobengh Farmall Cub

I was watching MTV's cribs, and they showed Jerry O'Connell's house and cars, and he drove a Scout II. He said that the Scout was for cruising the beach and for picking up women.
    Good for him! Almost makes up for some of the horrible movies he has been in.
    -Neal

13. BradS

BradS Farmall Cub

Just saw a Scout in the new Rock movie "Rundown". It did not have a big part, about 15 seconds of screen time and then "squish", flattened by a water tower... Kinda sad to see that happen... :(

14. Binder79er

Binder79er Farmall Cub

That would be The Queens of the Stone Age once again...and I believe the song is titled "No One Knows" It seems we have a "Scout Following" in the QOTSA:D

15. JerryD

JerryD High Wheeler

Chick Flick sighting

IIRC, my wife was watching "Hope Floats" with Sandra Bullock & Harry Connick, Jr. (?), & he has a "daily driver" SII. I haven't brought myself to really review the movie to confirm details. I ususally find some of those "honey do's" when she pops something like that in.... Hey! I think I just realized something... Anyway, it's an older movie & she has it on VHS.

Cheers,
    Jerry

16. strobengh

strobengh Farmall Cub

Flipping through the channels and saw an old International pickup truck on a 70's movie called Unholy Rollers. It was a movie about Roller Derby, so I quickly passed, but the truck was nice.

17. Sammy

Sammy High Wheeler

Grumpier Old Men

I didn't see the first movie, just the sequel. The single old man (Walter Mathow I think) has a Travelall. Nothing special about it, told the wife what it was and she just looked at me all stupid.

18. Jensers

Jensers Farmall Cub

Feeling Proud -

I just spotted a SII that nobody else has seen - Watching Law and Order the other night - (Criminal Intent) and the Male detective that is partnered up with the lady with the short brown hair - anyway - he and Ice-T go to find a missing pregnant woman, and they are in the cops personal vehicle - A beat up SII!

19. pweeks3

pweeks3 High Wheeler

Stephen King and IH?

Someone wrote in a previous note that the movie "Dreamcatcher" has a Scout II in it. True. Stephen King seems to be a fan of IH. Here's a list of the ones I know of him mentioning.
    Maintenance truck in "The Shining" novel is an IH.
    Escape truck in "Green Mile" novel is a "Farmall".
    Mattie's truck in "Bag of Bones" novel is a ScoutII.
    Hunting truck in "Dreamcatcher" novel is a Scout II.
    Paul Weeks
    '77 SSII

20. strobengh

strobengh Farmall Cub

I was watching the History Channel the other day and saw a piece about the fall of Saigon. When they were showing the parking lot of the American embassy (before they cut down the big tree in the way so the bigger helicoptors could land), I swore I saw a Scout II parked in the background. All I saw was the back of the truck, and it's tailgate looked like a SII, but it wasn't close enough to be sure about.
    Anyone else see what I am talking about, or know if it was a SII?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2003