SCOUT COMMERCIAL

Discussion in 'The Reading Room' started by skidder, Aug 2, 2018.

1. skidder

skidder Farmall Cub

2. scout2000

scout2000 Y-Block King

great commercial, first year Scout, great find.

I'm wondering if this is/was a US commercial, or a commercial for a foreign country?

On the US side, the announcer mentions "miles per hour" and engine power measured in 'HP".

On the foreign side, we are shown a right hand side drive vehicle (which I guess isn't uncommon for US Scouts), but it also shows the driver, driving on the left hand side of the road and passing another vehicle on the right.

Not meaning to turn this into a great mystery, but if anyone has a background for the commercial, or more data, I'm certainly interested.

3. Packerrailway

Packerrailway High Wheeler

With some of the scenery, I wonder if this was for the Australian market. The front tag was like Aussie tags I have seen before, and I think that they drive on the left like their parent nation the UK.

scout2000 likes this.
  4. skidder

skidder Farmall Cub

thought this would be interesting,sometimes on youtube you find interesting things even when you are not looking for them lol.i thought at one point the driver was going to roll it over,lol,

5. Twyxx

Twyxx Farmall Cub

The video description does say it aired in Australia, so it looks like you are correct.