Scout 800 power steering

Discussion in 'General IH Tech' started by Blackdog, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Blackdog

Blackdog Binder Driver

Will the power steering from a 800a V-8 Scout fit on my 800 4 cyl Scout?

2. grannygear

grannygear High Wheeler

AAhhh...

...I don't think any 800 came with power steering. My V8 800 did not. I swapped on SII stuff.

There are other options for the 4cyl ones. The box is on the inside of the frame...yes? The V8s manual box mounts to the outside of the frame.

3. Justin Graham

Justin Graham Farmall Cub

4 cyl. Power Steering

There's a write in the FAQ about converting a 4 cyl. Scout 80/800 to power steering. Little different the V-8 conversion because the box in mounted on the inside of the framerail. Need to use the box from a 78-79 F250, probably could use the pump from a Scout II with a custom made bracket. I've been comtemplating doing the conversion on my '63 Scout 80, so I've done a little bit of research. Members REF and Trad Bowhunter Dan have done the conversions, they may be able to provide you with a little insight. Good luck.

Justin

4. Damian Grihalva

Damian Grihalva High Wheeler

I've heard of the ford box, and I've seen it work ~ I used a Scout II box. Put the whole write up on my website. Click on: http://www.dandcextreme.com/extremebuildups.asp - then Click "Beater Buildup" and the write up is on "Day 33" through "Day 35" ~ but the box mount is on "Day 34" ~ I've even got pictures of both the ford box AND Scout II box going in.

Check it out.