Next step: tackling my old nemesis, the oil filter. My truck has a RD450 with a sock type filter instead of the typical military senior type found on the 361 engines. I don't know where the original went, and I'm very curious to hear if anyone else runs a sock on theirs. The truck "as found" had a base with a bad relief spring, so I set it aside. In a pile of parts that went with my truck I found a filthy DeLuxe sock filter housing pulled off another engine at some point. I cleaned it up and painted it quick years ago to get it going, but now have some time to make it right. It says "DeLuxe Products Corp, La Porte, Ind." on it as well as "Use CU Cartridge". (Crosses to a NAPA 1002.) Here it is mounted loosely on the truck: The main problem here is opposite the old filter, here the relief plunger is stuck. Also, the plunger and spring are in a blind hole, no way to get it out. I had to soak, heat, and eventually drill through the old plunger and remove with an easy-out. What I found was not nice. The spring was rusted and shattered, and the plunger pitted beyond repair. The porting on the filter base: The plunger is 3/4" diameter with about a 9/16" bore. It was lunched. So, I made a new one, visible to the left. The original spring was probably 2.5" long, so I found a close substitute at my local hardware store. Hopefully it's close enough, the oil pressure will tell. Everything has been cleaned and is being painted now. Next update will contain final assembly.