Salvage M-5-6

Discussion in 'IHC Military Vehicles' started by mark lawrence, Oct 9, 2017.

1. mark lawrence

mark lawrence Farmall Cub

Hi guys, I have access to a M-5-6 that is waiting to be chopped up at a scrap yard here in Idaho. Is there any interest in the parts from it? This has the complete drive train and closed cab. It missing the side louvers for the engine hood. Let me know if any interest so I can save something of this steel soldier before it gone. DSCF3197.JPG DSCF3199.JPG DSCF3201.JPG

2. Cowboy101d

Cowboy101d Farmall Cub

Yes! I need the water pump assembly
    Gear shift knob and flipper. Where in idaho is it? I'm in burns or (just over the Oregon border from boise). I need some more bits too.

3. mark lawrence

mark lawrence Farmall Cub

Is it the right motor? I know next to nothing about M-5-6 trucks. Just seems odd to see a 2 barrel Holley on a World War 2 truck. I live in Emmett. Send me a list of what you need. Shift knob is gone, flipper is still there.

4. Cowboy101d

Cowboy101d Farmall Cub

Some had zenith and some had holleys. Mine has the RD-450 out of a half track in it (used to be a very common swap in the later years). The RD engine used the same pump (had a early and late design though). I will go over my truck tomorrow and see what I need. Thanks much my friend!

5. Cowboy101d

Cowboy101d Farmall Cub

I'd be interested in the
    water pump
    Reverse lock out flipper(with hardware if possible)
    Front brake drums(if they aren't wasted)
    Possibly rears as well
    Any I.d. tags in the cab(especially the shift patterns)
    Radiator
    Windshield crank handle
    Pintle hitch assembly
    I'm sure there is more but those are the main bits I'd like to see a price on.
    Thanks
    Damen

6. George Yingst

George Yingst Farmall Cub

I don't have a big trailer anymore or else if the price was right, its worth taking the whole truck if you have a place to store it. Lots of good parts for sure to be had but I can't think of anything specific I need at the moment. Probably be another year or so before I can start for real on mine.

7. Cowboy101d

Cowboy101d Farmall Cub

Yeah I hear that. Even thought about seeing how much would bring it home. But I'm trying to thin my heard(planning on relocating to southern Oregon next year). As I am now I've got two 40ft semi trailer loads, and three low boy loads. Not to count the house stuff.... Or my pickups.