S-140 4x4 Production #'s

Discussion in 'Triple Diamond Trucks' started by Rob Peterson, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Rob Peterson

Rob Peterson High Wheeler

Yes, that R woodie is about the finest IHC restoration I have ever seen. If you haven't already, search flickr.com for "4x4woodie" and take a look at the resoration sequence. Outstanding!

The owner has posted a bit over at OldIHC.org

2. Harry51

Harry51 Farmall Cub

It is on Ebay now.

3. Harry51

Harry51 Farmall Cub

Over 30K !

4. Jim Grammer

Jim Grammer Editor at large Staff Member Moderator

[continuing hijack]

Make that over $40k, and nowhere close to reserve. Check pricing for more 'ordinary' woodies and you'll get a sense for the market. This truck was for sale after it was recovered and before the restoration began for $45k.

It's already consigned for a major collector auction if it doesn't sell on Ebay. FAR out of my league, I'm happy to see someone with deep pockets get obsessed with stuff like this.

5. Chris Cuzynski

Chris Cuzynski Farmall Cub

It is interesting to see where woodie prices have gone recently. Not for the faint of heart! Even though the truck based woodies are rarer than the car ones they still do not command the prices of the car based ones. That being said it will be interesting to see what the reserve is at consignment. It should sell for well over 100 thousand.

6. snowjob

snowjob Farmall Cub

Did these woody trucks have any historical importance? Sometimes beautiful, unique and rare are enough reason for that kind of restoration, but its hard to make a profit, or even cover the cost if its done professionally. Probably even harder in this economic environment.

7. VI old trucks

VI old trucks Farmall Cub

I know this is a really old post but I have some information on the S140 that you were looking at. My father bought the truck and it is currently sitting in the same spot as when he got it home. I am sure It will never be sold. The original engine was removed and replaced with a diesel out of another airport vehicle (aircraft tug I think) but the swap was never completed. The truck was sold from the airport to Langley and then to east sooke fire departments. Not sure after that. It is all original other than the green diamond motor being pulled.
    The custom back is a one off built for the Victoria airport. He also has a S120 4x4 of the same vintage in the same shape. Don't ask if any things for sale. It isn't
    That is some more info on this particular truck. Maybe this summer if anyone reads this and wants pictures I will take some of the truck and numbers.

8. farmall56

farmall56 Farmall Cub

Yes please post pictures!

9. Big Ed

Big Ed High Wheeler

We like pictures.

scout2000 likes this.
  10. VI old trucks

VI old trucks Farmall Cub

I do t have any yet but I will post some this summer and a couple of his s120 4x4