Planning on a 3+ day trip over the Mojave road, late March - early April (hopefully to coincide with the desert bloom). So instead of starting on the 4BT swap, I figured it would be a better idea to work on quieting down the ride. The Scout is really dependable at this point. With that in mind, I thought it would be cool to get some sound measurements, starting from basically stock, and seeing what kind of effect, adding deadener, and insulation / carpet, etc. can have. So I'll pick up a cheap decibel meter, and post to this thread as I go. Step one is to get back to stock! Still haven't got the top or the hood back from paint yet, so I figured I'd start with replacing the felts and window guides. The doors are so rusted, that a large part of the day was drilling out broken screws and bolts. I'm going to have to do some reinforcing in a few areas, as it goes back together. Fortunately these doors and tub are temporary. Anyway, here are some pictures from today. sanded down the rust, and painted the window frames and top trim piece. If the paint sets up well enough, I'll start installing the felts tomorrow. Here are some shots from today's progress: interesting replacement part. Actually worked very well. e-clip and washer Parts hanging in the heated garage to dry. I moved the windows onto the workbench for the warmth as well.