quiet around here...

Discussion in 'Mid-South Binders' started by BigRigg, Jun 7, 2011.

1. jeff campbell

jeff campbell Lives in an IH Dealership

Damn nice

2. jeff campbell

jeff campbell Lives in an IH Dealership

How you surf in land of ozarks ?

3. Arkansas Dave

Arkansas Dave High Wheeler

He's close to the ocean in Texas
    AD

jeff campbell likes this.
  4. Kent Risien

Kent Risien Farmall Cub

Thanks Guys! I’m super proud of her.. My wife finally sees my vision. To say the least she was not pleased with me when I brought her home, lol!

yeah and the board is because we live in New Braunfels TX (south of Austin) have access to a couple rivers and lakes in our area.

jeff campbell and BigRigg like this.
  5. Arkansas Dave

Been out today working on the Scout moving stuff around getting ready to put the engine in slowly making progress should be able to have it in there this weekend.

AD

6. BigRigg

BigRigg Y-Block King

You are tough as nails!! I sat under a fan all day. It's way too hot out there!!! I went out about 8am with a cup of coffee, and the I said NOPE, and came back in.

7. Arkansas Dave

Yeah it's hot but I been trying to start around 6 and go until noon or so and then call it quits until the next morning.

8. Arkansas Dave

Got a little more done today it got hot fast, I did get the trans/transfer moved the under hood washed down. I had already painted under there just rinsing it off the power steering burped on it when I moved it. I got some measurements of the radiator and opening. Went through a bunch of parts and did some organizing. And various other stuff

AD

9. Arkansas Dave

Well I worked on the ol' Scout again today until about 4 got a little more done should be lowering it in tomorrow.

AD

10. Arkansas Dave

Man I must be dreaming! I got up at around 6 this morning and every morning I wake up for the last week it's Scout time. I'm pumped can't wait to see what happens next.

AD

11. Arkansas Dave

Just got to get back on the Scout today had to take care of some stuff yesterday that had to be done before my new chickens come this coming weekend. I got back on it today and got some done and hit a roadblock the kit required some pieces I didn't have and I didn't realize it until it was at that point. Somewhere along the way the alignment dowels were taken out of the trans not sure when but anyway I found some and got them ordered. I have plenty of things to do on the Scout while I wait on them. Anyway in the morning I am going to work on the motor mounts try to get all that set up and the crossmember lined out. I may see if I can figure out how to remove the transfer case shifter pin too.

AD

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  12. Arkansas Dave

Well I got a little more done today it sure is hot! Matt did you find any parts for your truck? hope everybody is doing good. Keep cool and Scout on.

AD

13. Arkansas Dave

Did any of you Mid southers get any of that good rain today? I was raining when I got up at around 6 and rained until 1pm then it was 73 and just now around 85. Supposed to get some more tomorrow.

AD

14. Arkansas Dave

Got a call this morning at 6:30 that my chickens were at the post office so I went and picked them up. All were doing good and looked healthy they took a long ride from Rudd, Iowa to here 9 hrs and 55 minutes. But so far are doing great.

AD

15. Arkansas Dave

Also got a call from the local IH dealer at lunch saying my transmission mount already came in. I just ordered it, anyway i'll take a pic of the part number and stuff and post it in my build page incase someone needs the info later.

AD

16. BigRigg

BigRigg Y-Block King

We got some good rain. We sure needed it. It was really dusty around here. I've spent the past few days in the shop doing some body work on my project. All my paint materials arrived, so I am busting it to get some color on this thing. I still have a lot to do, though. Quarters need to be fitted, and tailgate needs some love. And I havent touched the top yet. But I'm getting closer!

17. Arkansas Dave

Hey Big Rigg I have to order some painting materials too do you have a good source online? I ordered in the past from TCP global with good results i have to order a bunch of sandpaper and primer etc.. once I get the motor going is there anywhere you recommend?

thanks,
    AD

18. Mater

Mater Farmall Cub

Sorry to jump on this reply. Try A & E Automotive Supply. Here in Mountain Home, AR. From what I understand they have an online store. Good Christian owned business. This is where I go for all my paint and sand paper needs.

19. Mater

Mater Farmall Cub

20. BigRigg

BigRigg Y-Block King

Mater, good to know for my next project! Thanks. I use tcp global. The prices seem fair, and I like thier restoration shop paint. Imo it's better than the omni I sprayed the 1210 with. And much less expensive. I am going with omaha orange with this scout. With white rims, and black interior. Just like the scout my folks had when I was a wee lad.

I got my primer off ebay. I use upol primer. I really like it. I have very impressed with all thier products I've used. I have some of thier clear, which I will use in this project.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020