quiet around here...

Discussion in 'Mid-South Binders' started by BigRigg, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Arkansas Dave

Arkansas Dave High Wheeler

Finally got it to load another way.

AD DSC_0094.JPG

2. Arkansas Dave

Oh ok Matt I tried my phone first on the website and it only loaded one, so I pulled it up on the laptop downloaded from Google images to my laptop then loaded over from my files.

AD

3. Arkansas Dave

How's it been going Matt?

4. ihscoutmatt

ihscoutmatt High Wheeler

Eh its going, my insurance company didn't completely cover the cost of my truck from my accident and because it was a work truck the gap policy the dealership sold me was worthless so I'm stuck paying almost 14k out of pocket for that, thankfully there's the special covid unemployment and I'm able to draw it unfortunately I'm afraid its getting close to running out and I still don't have a job

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

5. Arkansas Dave

Sorry to hear that I'm drawing that too, I got laid off due to covid and am not sure if they will bring us back this year or not so I may have to find something to fill in with in the meantime.

AD

6. Arkansas Dave

read they were looking at extending it a little longer since there were allot of folks still not working. Hopefully something works out I worked 32 years at that job and if it don't start back up for me and my coworkers I'll have to find something new fast. Anyway it will work out it always does.

AD

7. ihscoutmatt

ihscoutmatt High Wheeler

For sure, I have faith that the good Lord is looking out for me and I pray every day that he sends me the job he intends me to have

I wish I could say I've been more productive i bought a '98 Ram probably a month ago and have been buying parts for it, its my daily driver but I've not really done much with it yet ive got piles of parts but either no motivation or I get the motivation and end up with my back getting me down

I bought a new battery charger to charge the battery for my '79 Scout probably a month and a half ago but its still sitting in the box

I've got to get some motivation and start getting some stuff done before I end up getting a job and not having time

8. Mater

Mater Farmall Cub

Hang in there Matt. Prayer is powerful.

9. Mater

Mater Farmall Cub

Dave, keep strong buddy. Keep the faith.

10. BigRigg

BigRigg Y-Block King

AD, the coop looks great! Those hens will be spoiled! Hardwood floors and everything!

Matt, mater, AD, et al, you guys hang in there. This will pass. Until then keep on asking and it will be given.

Mater likes this.
  11. Arkansas Dave

Man this thing wouldn't let me on yesterday acted like it was down for maintenance. Anyway Matt I agree with you Mater and Bigg Rigg the good Lord makes a way for all of us and things will work out just fine. Hope you find your motivation I had a stint like that once just didn't want to go out and work on anything but that was 15 years ago and I haven't slowed down since. Mater hope your doing good and everything is well have you found that house yet? Thanks Big Rigg I just came in from working on it I have to bury the wire outside at the bottom of the run I put there so nothing can dig under. I have to bury that in the morning and put all the tools back in the garage that I have in my small storage building in a wagon. Then I'm officially oh except for when my nail gun parts come in so I can nail the trim down around the floor then I'm done. Then it's Scout time everyday can't wait my son is going to help me alot so we should be able to make some progress fast. Anyway all you good fellows have a excellent 4th of July holiday and be safe.

Arkansas Dave

12. Arkansas Dave

oh yeah and I forgot to tell Big Rigg those floors have come along way in being realistic the walls are real wood but the floor is waterproof Linoleum sheet but it is amazing how real it looks even in person. They will be a little spoiled we had some before that would run up to you when you came outside.

AD

13. ihscoutmatt

ihscoutmatt High Wheeler

Since I'm pretty likely to forget Happy Independence day a day early everybody

AD, what all you got planned for the Scout?

I'm down to 3 and a '77 SSII frame and vin that will be a build someday still got my yellow '79 what was my sisters '74 and the first vehicle I ever drove what was my mom and then my dad's daily driver '72 Scout II and my moms still got her '74 which we've still not finished

14. Arkansas Dave

Hey Matt,
    I have the new engine ready i'm just going to fire it off and run it before it goes in to make sure everything is good. Then we are dropping it in and getting everything hooked up and running then the bodywork and etc.. i'll keep it on the build page as soon as I have new pics. I been slowly doing things for several years now but now that i have plenty of time i'm trying to get it done. I have done several vehicles in the past but this one i'm trying to do as good a job on as i can so i can keep it in the family a long time. i'll keep you guys posted of what we have done. i got the Chicken house done today for the most part so I'll be starting next week on the Scout. I can't wait, I'm also going to paint it eventually plan is new style grabber blue with matte black rallye stripes and black wheels and bumpers. I have lift springs on it i'm also going to put new body mounts on it , brakes, etc.. i already have the underside finished with undercoating and paint. Anyway lots of work ahead for sure.

AD

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  15. Mater

Mater Farmall Cub

Happy 4th of July everyone! Be safe!
    We put an offer on a house today. (July 3rd) and also put our house on the market today.
    We shall see. So, times are stressful right now. I’ll keep you guys updated.

16. Arkansas Dave

Happy 4th to you too and everyone, good luck on that house. The rain is finally here I got all my tools picked up and put away this morning and my outside wire buried around the base of the run. So i'm ready for some Scout building. i'm wanting to start today, I may try to get my cooling hoses hooked up and figured out I may have what I need or may have to pick up some more pieces.'

AD

AD

17. Arkansas Dave

I looked to see if I had anything to finish my cooling system on the run stand but i didn't find what I needed so i'll have to make a trip to town for that. I did fire up my generator, two chainsaws and attempted to start the Honda atv but i think it needs a plug it usually starts but I think I flooded it. I also did some work getting a 6hp motor ready to start that i'm using to build a stump grinder a little fun project when I'm not busy on the Scout.

AD

18. Arkansas Dave

Well I just couldn't wait any longer I just got back from town I picked up some metal tubing 1 3/4 and a radiator donor hose that will be cut into two elbows if it fits I think it will. I looked it up just now and it fits 87-96 Ford trucks and broncos upper radiator and i got some more radiator clamps I think I have a box already so hopefully I have enough. I'll get that installed then i have to get some fuel and hook a battery up and should be ready for take off.

AD

19. BigRigg

BigRigg Y-Block King

Where are you moving to?

20. Mater

Mater Farmall Cub

The house we put an offer on is about 5 blocks away from our current location. So, not to far away. We will see if they accepted our offer tomorrow. (July 6th). In the mean time, we are prepping ourselves for boxing things up and cleaning house.