quiet around here...

Discussion in 'Mid-South Binders' started by BigRigg, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Mater

Mater Farmall Cub

Hi guys! I’m still alive..lol! Good to hear from you guys and your updates. I haven’t been working on my scout. I see it collecting dust everyday in the garage. I need more room guys!!! Currently house shopping. My kids are growing like weeds!
    My wish list for the new house is a shop so I can work on the scout again and add a Travelall! (Please don’t tell the wife)

2. Arkansas Dave

Arkansas Dave High Wheeler

hey mater we won't tell, you need to post some updates on those cub cadet for us to see.

AD

3. Arkansas Dave

Man it's hot today I about melted down out in the garage. Got that mower took apart and worked on some other items today

AD

jeff campbell likes this.
  4. BigRigg

BigRigg Y-Block King

Not really anything photo worthy, but I have been working on body parts. Just sanding, and filling some small dings. Fortunately, this body was pretty straight. I also have been upgrading my tractor to a single joystick for the loader. That will be nice. I'm out of sandpaper, and waiting for more. Staying inside where its cool!!!

5. Arkansas Dave

Well today isn't hot on me it seems like spring or fall, I burned up yesterday working outside but today is breezy and cool. I am adding on to my chicken house and getting ready for new chicks. As soon as the Scout is running I have to start my body work, my schedule after the chicken pen is Scout 24/7 the wife agreed so finger crossed. Yeah those joystick controllers are nice that will spoil you.
    Ad

6. BigRigg

BigRigg Y-Block King

Today was beautiful! I did some yard work, and worked on the tractor some more.

7. Arkansas Dave

Man I didn't realize I haven't been on here since the 10th or so I've been busy trying to get that chicken house done so I can get on my Scout full time I have the house done and the pen about 95% done I hit a roadblock out of three stores here no one had the brackets I needed one store was resetting their isles and had them buried the few they had, one discontinued them and one carried all but them and nobody has the flooring I need so I have to make a trip to Conway to get what I need so i can finish. This would be a good location to have a homebuilder store because the ones we have are worthless. I have to line the walls with rough sawn pine shiplap type wood and lay the flooring. I put the extra window in today and nailed the top caps on the roof. I have to install the wire around the pen and then I'm pretty much done! finally, then me and the son are going to get cracking on the Scout. Can't wait and I found a new product I'm going to buy for the Scout my brother told me about it for rust control it is like rust neutralizer comes in 1 gallon jugs and some friends of his said they have used it and never had anymore rust come back on items stored outdoors. So I figured I would just give the old Scout a bath in it behind the fenders and such to prevent anything in the future. He said it is called Skyco and it is available at Ace Hardware and costs 25 dollars a gallon. Anyway hope everyone's doing good in the heat this month.

AD

8. BigRigg

BigRigg Y-Block King

Weve also been plugging away on house work. We are building a deck, and fire pit area. I bought 2x8 lumber from lowes over a month ago, and still haven't received it. Apparently there is a huge shortage of treated lumber. I ended up going to HD and bought all the 2x8 they had. It wasn't quite the way I planned, but it'll work. 20200619_114532.jpg 20200619_114551.jpg

9. BigRigg

BigRigg Y-Block King

Almost done with the deck. I just ran out of steam. Tomorrow morning we should wrap it up.... 20200624_212920.jpg

Mater and TorqueMonster1 like this.
  10. Kent Risien

Kent Risien Farmall Cub

Deck looks great!
    Hey guys I’m new. Been building my 73 scout, auto with 304 for about a year. Got ALOT done during covid. I have been searching and can’t find a solution to my electrical problem. Headlights and marker lights good. Upper Left taillight bulb has both filaments burning while right only one. Same issue on same side with front blinker lights. Any thoughts?

11. BigRigg

BigRigg Y-Block King

That sounds to me like a grounding issue. I would start by making sure all the contacts of the lamp housings are clean. Do you have a schematic? I believe all the power if these guns through the headlight switch. If the wiring has been messed with in the past, then you could also have a wire in a wrong spot on the switch. And lastly, do your blinkers work? Could be a short in the flashers...start with grounds tho. It's the most likely culprit.

12. Kent Risien

Kent Risien Farmall Cub

Grounds were my thought.. went back and ground strapped each of the corners to the frame and then the frame to the block. Then thought switch might be the issue and changed it out. I will double check wires on the switch.

13. BigRigg

BigRigg Y-Block King

The actual bulb housings ground to the body. Did you check this?

14. Arkansas Dave

Man Big Rigg that is a nice deck you been busy too. I ran into the same issue when I built my fence Lowes was bare on the lumber I needed and I bought what they had and drove 40 miles to Home Depot and got the rest. I am almost done with the chicken house I finished the wall boards, flooring and electrical outlet today and have the outside wire for the run to put up, two pieces of trim, couple pieces of wood to block off the holes under the roof of the run and that's about it most of it should be done tomorrow so I'm close. Hey Kent welcome sounds like you got a nice Scout hope you get those lights working.
    AD

15. BigRigg

BigRigg Y-Block King

We have been busy! We finished the deck. I think it turned out pretty good...patio furniture will be here this week. Our little oasis is coming along... 20200626_113058.jpg 20200626_113239.jpg 20200626_113123.jpg

16. Arkansas Dave

looks good nice job!

AD

17. Arkansas Dave

DSC_0120.JPG Here is what I've been working on

18. Arkansas Dave

For some reason it will not let me load the outside pics they are larger but I've never had a problem before. It says security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again. But i can't get that to work either.

AD

19. ihscoutmatt

ihscoutmatt High Wheeler

AD, looks like Bigriggs pics aren't loading right too atleast on mine, do yall use the app or actual website?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

20. ihscoutmatt

ihscoutmatt High Wheeler

Nevermind lol my problem was that I wasn't logged in

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk