quiet around here...

Discussion in 'Mid-South Binders' started by BigRigg, Jun 7, 2011.

1. BigRigg

BigRigg Y-Block King

Good to see your plugging along, matt. Whatcha doing for work these days?

2. ihscoutmatt

ihscoutmatt High Wheeler

Was working for the Department of correction but I am currently in between jobs

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3. Arkansas Dave

Arkansas Dave High Wheeler

Hey guys! How is everybody? I just realized last year went by in a blurr and I was really busy on my house, work and equipment. Anyway I got to get back busy on the Scout I have been working a little since the holidays but more this week after work and several weekends. I think I have some pics I will load soon.
    AD

4. ihscoutmatt

ihscoutmatt High Wheeler

Well I myself just started a new job and hopefully will be able to get back in to doing stuff with my Scouts, saying that I actually drove my Scout home 2 weekends ago I've lived here for about 5yrs now but have just left it at my parents house it felt great getting to drive it again

5. BigRigg

BigRigg Y-Block King

Howdy dave! Good to see your back at it. Tax season is kicking my butt, so not much to report here. Driving my scout when I can. Im looking forward to getting back in the shop! I did head down to texas a few weeks back, and helped a fellow IHer remove some end caps and a quarter for his scout. He gave me the rest of the tub, and the top. The rockers are solid, and the wedges are good as well! So I'm going to use them on my 78 sII...

Matt, I'm glad to hear your back on your feet and the scout is home! So, whatcha doing for work?

ihscoutmatt likes this.
  6. ihscoutmatt

ihscoutmatt High Wheeler

I'm delivering travel trailers for Indiana transport, pay is better than I was making and I get to set my own hours

7. BigRigg

BigRigg Y-Block King

Better pay, and set your own hours. The cats meow, my friend. :yes:

8. Arkansas Dave

Man I can hear crickets I was shocked to see i was one of the last ones to post on here! how you guys been doing and what's everyone up to Matt, Big Rigg, Mater and all of the gang?

AD

9. BigRigg

BigRigg Y-Block King

I'm doing good! Working on my new scout project. Its coming along. I'm right in the middle of body work. 20200411_180802.jpg 20200506_182042.jpg 20200401_180245.jpg 20200508_173146.jpg

10. Arkansas Dave

Hey man,
    You have been busy I hadn't seen anything on your build page so I wasn't sure if your back got better or not. I'm glad to see your back at it , I am trying to get going on mine too. I got laid off a week ago last Thursday due to the Covid19 they didn't want any more people there than necessary after 32 years there it is odd being off having all this time. So I been working up a storm trying to get things caught up around here and get the Scout going. I am clearing some trees, burning brush and building a new fence in place of my old one this week and do as much to the Scout as I can. It's like a vacation kinda but i'm getting to do things that need done. Weekends just aren't long enough so i'm using this to my advantage. Supposed to get to go back to work later this summer but you never know now days. Anyway thanks for the great pics and i'll try to keep mine updated often. I am calling Advance adapters this week to see what they recommend on installing whole or trans and transfer then engine. Have you installed a whole engine, trans and transfer together before? I've done engine and trans together before, but never with a transfer too. I wasn't sure how difficult it would be to line up the bushing and adapter plate in the vehicle. Thought if I could mannover it all in at once it might be simpler. Anyway I'm open to recommendations if you have any.

AD

11. BigRigg

BigRigg Y-Block King

Dave, you can install it all at once, but you need a good cherry picker, and a few helping hands...
    I'm sorry to hear about your layoff. This covid thing has really hurt so many people. I lost most of my small business client base, so we also have a little time. On one hand it sucks, but I do appreciate the extra time I have around the house. I'll have to update the build thread. I have lots of pictures, but I've been lazy. Hang in there, dave.

12. Arkansas Dave

Thanks man,
    I may just try it all at once I have a fairly solid picker. I been cutting trees and burning brush today before the rain I am whipped! still baby sitting my burn pile from the window. thanks you hang in there too! I like your build it's like a International assembly line following the photos, keep up the good job.

AD

13. Arkansas Dave

Big Rigg I"ll keep an eye out for some wagon wheels around here do you just want the regular or do they need to be a factory wheel? I know U.S. wheel use to make them new for a really good price.

AD

14. BigRigg

BigRigg Y-Block King

Thanks, dave!
    They dont need to be factory, but I want to go old school with this build, so its gotta have white wagons! I'll check out US wheel...

15. Arkansas Dave

Ok i'll keep an eye out I pulled up U.S. wheel they still make them but Summit wouldn't pull them up for Scout, Bronco, F150 or any 4x4 from that era for some reason probably have to call and get a part number from U.S. wheel.

AD

16. ihscoutmatt

ihscoutmatt High Wheeler

Hey, fellers, I'm still kicking nothing happening in the IH world down our way though

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BigRigg likes this.
  17. BigRigg

BigRigg Y-Block King

How do you like your new job, Matt?

18. ihscoutmatt

ihscoutmatt High Wheeler

For the most part I liked it, you work when you want, you go wherever you want and there's good money to be made my wife even went with me on a few trips

The only bad was being away from home and the wear and tear on your truck, down here were we live right off i-30 was nice because I could go up one day pick up a trailer and be home the next evening the same with delivery of them I pretty much only ran to Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas so that I could get there deliver and get home in the same day I put 120,000 miles on my truck in right at a year i was having to change the oil about every other weekend and the fuel filters about once a month

I had several friends who were in it before and some that started after I did, me and one friend traveled together practically all the time with about 4 or 5 others coming and going

I am actually out of it already, half by choice and half not, me and my friend had gone up to pick some trailers up during this covid crap it was the first time I had worked in 2 weeks everything went well the first day and early next morning we was headed out and had only been on the road about 20min when we came to a intersection, my buddy started through it but the light changed he hit his brakes and stopped quick i hit mine but mine just locked and I never even slowed down completely demolishing his trailer, totaling out my truck and damaging my trailer even though we were only going 45-50mph, we both walked away with no injuries and I was lucky that there was an unloaded ambulance coming around us in the left lane that witnessed for us on the police report that I wasn't ticketed of course I was still at fault but because of this the company I was leased on with dropped me and I decided that instead of buying another new or late model truck just to run so many miles that its not worth anything in a year I'd get out of it and find something closer to home which was easier said than done during this covid crap however it does seem to be picking up and I have a few applications in already our accident was on 4/20 so its been quite a month dealing with insurance and trying to get everything sorted out

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

19. Arkansas Dave

Hey Matt sorry to hear about your accident glad your ok. I know a guy that does that for a living he travels to Illinois. Glad to hear from you. I have been off since about that time too they laid us off for awhile until things are back to normal my first time in 32 years so I'm liking the time off trying to get caught up and my Scout on the road making some progress.

AD

20. Arkansas Dave

Got some rain showers today, I worked in the garage all day on my chickens a nest rebuilding a metal one. Going to try to finish up tomorrow and then get my battery for the Scout motor, I also have another little job to do on a lawn mower Friday but going to see if I can get the motor ready to fire over the weekend.

AD