Question on carpet

Discussion in 'General IH Tech' started by MAJ777, Aug 4, 2019.

1. MAJ777

MAJ777 Farmall Cub

I'm ordering new carpet for my 68 T-all and even though I would rather have the rubber mat in which it came in, I'm going have to settle for carpet. My question is do I need the 80/20 loop carpet? I'm thinking this is what was used doing that time but I want to make sure. Thanks for any help.
    Joe

2. MrKenmore

MrKenmore Y-Block King

The loop is the more classic old school look versus the cut pile which is more plush.

3. kdsmit

kdsmit Binder Driver

There is a place that sells rubber mats to fit them, if that is what you want. I was going to go with a rubber matt in my travelette, but decided on carpet, to help reduce some of the noise. The travelall and Travelette use the same floor, so, it is the same part number. I got mine from ACC. It is pre-molded and fits pretty good (you will still need to trim it in). That being said the jute backing, which is more like horse/camel hair is tough to cut. Anyway, what I found was that ACC molds both the mats and the carpet (they supply most of the carpet to others that sell carpet to fit these), but do not sell the rubber mats, there is another company that sell those and of course I forgot the name. The price is about the same, I think that the mat was a few bucks cheaper. Oh, if you go with the carpet, the rubber backing is worth the extra money! I can try to post a picture it you would like.

jeff campbell likes this.
  4. jeff campbell

jeff campbell Lives in an IH Dealership

IHPA sells the carpet kit also for D-series. I just seen it.

5. MAJ777

MAJ777 Farmall Cub

Yes, let's see some pictures

6. MAJ777

MAJ777 Farmall Cub

Jeff, mine is a C-series. I checked their web site and they only go to 1969

7. kdsmit

kdsmit Binder Driver

I took some pics last night, but my eyelids got to heavy to upload them. I will try to get them posted today.

8. David Banner

David Banner High Wheeler

Do you have dogs that jump in/out of your vehicle? Loops can catch dog claws...

9. kdsmit

kdsmit Binder Driver

I do have dogs, but they have not been for a ride yet. Soon though! Here are the pics. Excuse the dirt, please!
    First pic = rear floor
    Second pic = front floor
    3rd pic = drivers floor with heel guard
    4th pic = close up cutout piece -top
    5th pic = cutout piece bottom. You can see the rubberized backing and the jute padding (this stuff is a bear to cut, it dulled my "fresh" carpet knife blade after 2 or three cuts).
    The carpet comes in one piece and you need to roll it out as soon as you get it, to let it "BREATH", (get ride of the fold creases). Then you will need to cut it out around the risers for the seat mounts, shifter (if a stick) and cut a hole for the gas peddle mount. This is in a travelette and is the carpet listed for the travelall. They did not have a listing for travelette. The floor pans are the same, except, the travelette has about 3 more inches of floor at the back, I think. because my carpet was about 3 inches short to the back of the cab. BUT, it is under the seat so it was no big deal! It may be the same with a travelall? It is a good quality carpet too, not the cheap stuff.
    I assume the rubber mat installation would be about the same.
    KIMG0070.JPG KIMG0072.JPG KIMG0073.JPG KIMG0074.JPG KIMG0075.JPG

10. MAJ777

MAJ777 Farmall Cub

Thanks kdsmit, I appreciate seeing your pictures. It looks like you did a good job installing it. Is this the 80/20 loop or the plush pile cut? Every night I get ready to order, and then I back out because I can't make up my mind which one I want?
    David, I'm going be taking our GShepherd with me but he'll be in the back cargo area and I'm not ready to carpet that yet. However, I'm not sure I'll even carpet that part.

11. kdsmit

kdsmit Binder Driver

I just double checked, I got the 80/20 loop. It is good quality carpet! They also go by the name Stock Interiors. Also, if you have any questions, call them. The guy that I talked to was VERY helpful! The cargo area may be a good spot for a/the rubber mat/flooring. It is also available. Or there is always horse stall mats from TSC or one of the farm stores. I have one of those in the back of my Scout.

12. mallen

mallen Y-Block King

call these guys. They seem to be able to do vinyl. I have not tried them yet, but plan on ordering the floors for my truck from them. They will send you free color swatches. The samples looked quite nice. Rock auto carries their products for a substantially lower price. They seem to only list them for the 1100C and 1000C,so you have to look under that model. It looks like a about 340 for both the passenger and cargo areas. They have it listed oddly. The 1000C ONLY lists travelall, and the 1100C ONLY lists "travelall custom". Apperantly they dont have floors for the pickups in these years. They do list a floor for a 68 "908C regular cab" though, for whatever thats worth. (thats worth quite a lot if you happen to have the truck that floor fits, I would imagine) They have them for ALL of the D line trucks however.

https://www.accmats.com/commerce/1968/International/1100C/Flooring/21318/

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...4.3l+266cid+v8,1173204,interior,flooring,1264

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...5.6l+345cid+v8,1494436,interior,flooring,1264

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  13. 6BTravelall

6BTravelall Farmall Cub

What's the difference between die cut and molded?