Project "XXX"...

Discussion in 'Scoutco' started by Mike Moore, Dec 11, 2012.

1. jfulwider

jfulwider Farmall Cub

Nice, I can already smell the rubber burning from here.

2. Mike Moore

Mike Moore Dreams of Cub Cadets

Well, this one is about to get underway in a more rapid pace. So far, "Project Donkey Relocator" is the best I have come up with, because with THIS, it should really haul 'em!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That is the LS3, dressed to impress by Street and Performance in Arkansas. The customer picked it up out there last week, and will be dropping it at our shop Monday afternoon. Notice it has a 2WD transmission...thankfully I noticed it, too! About 20 miles from S&P's shop, I got the customer turned around and headed back for a 4x4 version...they missed that memo on the order form!:oops: All is well now, though!

I also picked up this little NOS trifecta this weekend:
    [​IMG]

That should make the face nice and bright for this build! Stay tuned, I just started a YouTube channel for Scoutco, and next week I hope to get a video of the humble beginnings of this build...and make more videos of it as it progresses!:rockon:

3. Mike Moore

Well due for an update, here.

This has finally taken center stage at Scoutco. It's been too long! The engine has been fitted in the chassis with the tub sitting on it, nice mounts welded up to sit it on, etc. We are waiting on the Advance Adapter unit to mate the Jeep Dana 300 to the 4L70E transmission right now. I ordered it late last week form IHPartsAmerica.com (Thanks, Jeff!), so it should be here, soon. That will set the rear crossmember where it needs to be so we can weld the mounts for it in there, then the chassis goes off for powdercoating. Meanwhile we can get to work under the tub scraping and brushing, to prepare it for bedliner, then the tub is ready to take to the body shop!

A quick rundown on this one, 430hp LS3, 4L70E 4 speed overdrive automatic, Jepp 300, Scout D44's with 4 wheel disc brakes and 3.54's (front axle cut-n-turned to introduce some caster!) and a limited slip rear (brand yet to be determined). Stock height, rechromed Rallye wheels, 235 BFG AT tires, all new interior with leather seats, tinted glass, nice stereo, GRC show roll bar, round gauges in a smoothed dash, power everything, etc, etc, etc. It's going to be a wicked daily driver for the customers!

Here's where it all began...BARE chassis. Officially built from the ground up at Scoutco!
    [​IMG]

We cut off the SV mounts and smoothed out the rails:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Welded up the LS mounts we got from Speedway Motors:
    [​IMG]

Then fitted the LS3 in there and got it just where we wanted it:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the sun shined down on it juuuust right to snag this picture of the chrome goodness on that LS3!
    [​IMG]

And today I got to fill in the firewall holes that aren't going to be used anymore:
    [​IMG]

With any luck, the frame should be at the powdercoaters next week, and the axle work will begin, alongside the bottom of the tub!:wrenching:

4. guidolyons

guidolyons High Wheeler

That is a cool pic :cool2:

Glad to see some progress :punk:

5. gmbarker78

gmbarker78 Farmall Cub

WOW! That should be a plenty to get it rolling. Hope you have some suspension mods planned to handle the tight corners. :D

6. Mike Moore

Sorry, folks. As a result of this:
    "The Great American IH Scout/Truck Buildoff Challenge!

We have taken this project and pulled the cover over it, as far as the public eye is concerned. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The participants in this thing talked at Nationals, and decided that the builds should be done below radar level...so we apologize for the interruption, but this build will be unveiled at Nationals 2014.

Just because the thread and pictures is dead, doesn't mean the project is!:rockon:

7. Mitch Neal

Mitch Neal High Wheeler

Keep taking pictures, even if you don't show us. I would still love to see the pictures after the big reveal!

Good luck on the competition, but I think all the other competitors should be worried!

8. dkterra

dkterra Binder Driver

Is that the gorilla from Fast & Load? :D

9. Mike Moore

We hired him from another Scout shop...;)

10. BO185

BO185 Y-Block King

Can I sign a "nondisclosure agreement" and get email updates? I already have 85 years till I can talk about certain things. :D

11. Mike Moore

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Been a while. Paint took forever, and so has everything else. I update Facebook and Instagram more regularly, and honestly forgot about the BP thread until Eddie reminded me tonight. Figured some of you guys might wanna spy on us a little bit with this project!

12. Jeff Ismail

Jeff Ismail High Wheeler

Some serious bling bling going on there Mike. Looks great! My only suggestion shown below.

Attached Files:

• LS32.jpg
      LS32.jpg
      File size:
      132.7 KB
      Views: