Project Six9

Discussion in 'Binder Builds' started by Havaclu, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Havaclu

Havaclu Farmall Cub

The original door panels had holes cut in them for some small speakers, which i didn't want. So new door panels were made using some aluminum, mdf, vinyl, carpet and faux suede. I went with new pull handle/armrest that I purchased from LMC Truck. They are OE for early model Ford PU.

Attached Files:

2. kvp

kvp Farmall Cub

nice I drool every time I see the attention to detail. looks like the rig gets driven. Good thing. like the doors ford part who new lol so chevy motor ford door handles so what is Chrysler going to put into this??? lol looking good. thanks for the up dates.

3. Comanche Scott

Comanche Scott High Wheeler

Very sweet build! :rockon:

4. Havaclu

Havaclu Farmall Cub

Update...I found that having a single Viair 400c compressor, with it's 2.54 CFM flow rate, was too slow for my liking to properly re-inflate the tires after airing-down. So I relocated the existing compressor that I had previously installed and gave it a twin. Re-fills are much quicker now. I mounted them in the driver's side fuel tank compartment. I tried to limit the amount of vibration that transfers through the body by welding up a little mounting base that is rubber isolated from the chassis and mounted the compressors with rubber isolation too. The compartment was treated with Dynamat Xtreme under Dynamat Hoodliner to help keep things quiet.

Attached Files:

5. Havaclu

Havaclu Farmall Cub

Finally decided to attack my rusty floor boards. The driver's side was a mess, the passenger side well on its way.

Attached Files:

6. Havaclu

Havaclu Farmall Cub

After cutting out the bad areas, I fabbed some filler panels out of 16 ga. and welded them in place. I was able to recreated the body mounting bolt recess by making a die out of some 3/16 plate steel and using my hydraulic press. I opted for round instead of the OE square pocket. The X-brace on the driver side was in perfect condition so the spot welds were drilled out and it was reused. On the passenger side rusty wasn't as bad, no through holes, but the front joint was deteriorated pretty bad. I opted to just replace about 2 inches of steel on the vertical panel and about 4 inches back.

Attached Files:

7. Havaclu

Havaclu Farmall Cub

The new sheet metal and existing floor boards were treated with a couple coats of POR15. I went quit heavy on this to smooth out some of the pitting in preparation for the next phase...

Attached Files:

8. Havaclu

Havaclu Farmall Cub

I had no use for the passenger compartment dividers so I welded and smoothed out all the unused bolt holes that left behind, along with all the other unnecessary holes. Some day I may install a rear seat, so I siliconed the rear seat belt holes closed just enough that I could located them again and just run a tap through to clean out the threads if I ever needed them.
    Next on the agenda was Line-X the tub. :punk: I went with a two tone look, body color with black on the floor areas.

Attached Files:

9. Havaclu

Havaclu Farmall Cub

Seat mounts were built to accommodate new bucket seats. The mounts were made to be removable so that the center tunnel can still be easily removed if needed. While the tub was being Line-X'ed I sent the roll cage off to be powder coated.

Attached Files:

10. FlatpickII

FlatpickII Farmall Cub

Nice work - I really like the two tone liner it looks sharp. I'm working on the sheet metal to the rear of the cab now (800B Comanche), once that is back in order I'm in the cab. I have been toying with welding in a recess to accommodate the front body mount bolts, but I really like your pressed recess. I don't have a press, so I may need to stay with my welded option...

Great work - thanks for sharing.

Tom

11. Quilmes

Quilmes Farmall Cub

As Always doing excellent work, thank you for keeping this Scout alive.

12. Havaclu

Havaclu Farmall Cub

Thank you Tom and Martin for the support. :beer:

During down time while repairing my rusted floor sheet metal, I removed my intake manifold for some color modification, it turned out nice if I don't say so myself.

Attached Files:

13. guidolyons

guidolyons High Wheeler

This build gets better every time I click on it. :beer:

14. scout2000

scout2000 Dreams of Cub Cadets

Hello,

I'm subscribed to your thread, but somehow I missed your post about the OEM shaved truck manifold and moving to the new Dorman manifold.

The paint looks great by the way.

Aside from the issues mentioned with the old shaved manifold, how are you doing with the new one. Did you loose any torque at the bottom end? Gain in the top end?

How long have you had it installed? Has it been a good intake for you so far?

Thanks for any comments.

15. Menace67

Menace67 Farmall Cub

Wow, awesome build! I haven't been around since about page 5, but was glued to the screen the last few days and I'm amazed. The two tone interior is stellar! But in general, the paint work is amazing as is the entire build! I read you used POR 15 before the bedliner but what are your other tips and tricks when preping and painting? Are you using a professional paint sprayer to spray your blue? Did you lap your floor joints or just butt joint and weld? Sorry for all the questions, I've had a lot of coffee today :punk:

Keep up the great work!

16. Quilmes

Quilmes Farmall Cub

-Question, did I miss something on the build, I was wondering what the (2) two slanted things are in the rear bed of your Scout.
    Rear of Ari Scout.jpg

Sorry, trying to attache photo but this system is complicated and you have to up load the photos first to the photo album then paste. what a pain.

17. Mitch Neal

Mitch Neal High Wheeler

Martin,
    Check out post #49, he had to relocate the shocks to outboard to clear the tank, and those clear the tops of the shocks I believe.

18. Havaclu

Havaclu Farmall Cub

Hi Jerry, I have about 1000 miles on the Dorman manifold now. I didn't notice a difference in performance on the bottom end or the top end. It does work great and I have no complaints, plus it looks better in my opinion. While in my search for an alternative to the stock intake manifold, I ran across this forum post, which has some go theory behind it. post #20 http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/powe...en-them-have-2-very-different-variants-2.html

19. Havaclu

Havaclu Farmall Cub

The shock configuration I had in post #49 didn't work out too well. The mounts that I fabbed up then, were poorly designed and showed me that my down travel was limited due to shock length that I had to work with. The mounts were bent down after a wheeling trip. So I went with a different approach. I got another set of 14" travel Bilsteins like I have up front and used some Ford shock mounts, cut them down and welded them to the frame with some reinforcements on the top and sides. With the added length I had to box a small section out of the bed area for clearance. I had some concern that the tires may hit shocks while articulating, so I tried to tuck the tops in as much as possible. This set up has proven to workout great so far.

Attached Files:

20. gwinter1129

gwinter1129 High Wheeler

Havaclu, sometimes all a person can say is "wow". A beautiful build with plenty of ideas for the rest of us to copy. Thanks, Greg