Progress on freebie has slowed and it's driving me nuts! I can really only work on it on Saturdays at work till I'm able to bring it back home. So I brought the front axle home and started preparing it for the SOA. I was gonna use a chevy front dana 44 but I figured by the time I shortened it I wouldn't really be ahead. Plus with the scout axle I don't have to run a caster shim. Not hard at all to do this. The spring perch part only took maybe 20 min. I used a sawzall and made a vertical cut down to the axle tube (just eyeballed it) then made a bunch of horizontal cuts to get the big chunks off then fine tuned it with an angle grinder.