Some of you many have seen this scout already, cuz I posted up in tech talk when I bought it. But, I thought that I would take a minute and start a build thread on our latest project, Esther. My wife Ashley named it, and "Esther the 800", has a nice ring to it, dontcha think? This will be a slow project, possible even years in the making (though I hope not). So the immediate plans are the have this scout ready for the winter. We don't get much snow around these parts,but if we do, i'd like to still get to town. Here is the scout right after we brought it home: It has pretty much sat in this same spot outside the shop. There are just a few things I have done to it. First off, I cleaned the dirt out of the rear quarters, gave the scout a bath, and cleaned the junk out of the inside. Then I threw a tarp on it! I have started it a few times, and stared at it in admiration a few times, but we need to get to work on it! As mentioned, I'd like to have this on the road ASAP. There is very little wrong with it, that I am aware of. But what is wrong is pretty big. Mechanically, this scout purrs like a kitten. But it is missing the key in the rear passenger axle, so it's not road worthy. Things that need attention before the snow flies: 1. No wipers. The manual fuel pump is gone, so I am going to go with an electric conversion. 2. No blinkers, no radio, no horn. Hopefully this is just a fuse issue, but I need to investigate. 3. Saddle gas tanks- I have two great saddle tanks, but since this is Ashley's scout, I am going to go with a SII tank in the rear. 4. Scout II axle swap (from 1978 SII), along with new brakes, and a Ford Bronco disc/drum Master. The '78 gear ratio is 3.54, the ratio in the 800 now is 4.09. So, I think the higher gears will make things easier on the highway. 5. New spring bushings- since i'm going to have the axles out, now is the time. From what I can tell, most of the parts are on hand. Hopefully I can get all this done before it's too cold for paint to dry!