project Blue Rhinoceros

Discussion in 'Binder Builds' started by Arkansas Dave, May 11, 2012.

1. Arkansas Dave

Arkansas Dave High Wheeler

Got the insulation done today, done some buffing on the car and got the Scout's radiator installed. Some Pics

AD

DSC_1074.JPG DSC_1078.JPG

J.J. and Perdido like this.
  2. Arkansas Dave

I worked on the building most of the day yesterday and then something I ate made me feel bad and I had to take it easy for a little bit, my stomach don't cooperate sometimes, so I didn't get to work on the Scout. But I finally felt better later on and buffed for about 20 minutes on the car. Today I put up more sheeting like I did yesterday over the insulation and shut down this afternoon and worked on the Scout. I got the fans installed but I need to determine where the two coolers are going to mount. I think the a/c condenser can go back where it was before and the trans cooler can go in front of that. Here are a couple pics

AD

DSC_1084.JPG DSC_1083.JPG

3. Arkansas Dave

put up more sheeting over the insulation today in the pole barn, didn't get to work on the Scout today trying to get a good dry spot so i can work after the weather gets bad which will be here before long. I am going tomorrow to pick up the 2x6's and plywood to floor the 2nd floor and hopefully slip in some Scout time over the weekend. Got some tires ordered for the black truck so I can drive it now that I got it going again. more to come

AD

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020 at 12:46 AM
  4. Arkansas Dave

went and got the wood yesterday for the floor joists and got them installed, today I started flooring the 2nd floor today with a bunch of material I had put back for this project. I am going to go half way for now and then probably wait until wood comes back down some to buy more plywood for the rest of the flooring. I will finish up tomorrow hopefully then start building the work benches, shelves and etc. after that. Luckily I found 30 more 2x4s today in my other storage building I am going to use to do some framing in the building with. i remembered I have a stack of 2x12 oak decking I had stored that I will probably make my work benches from that stuff weighs a ton! I have to do some light shopping soon it's dark in there I have been just using a halogen light anyway more to come.

AD

5. Arkansas Dave

I got the rest of the 2nd floor all installed yesterday and ran out of nails before I got done. I buffed some more on the old car yesterday for a short bit and today I went into town and got some more nails and came home and finished nailing that in. Then I built a fold up set of steps out of 2x6 and 2x4s that get a guy up to the second floor got them done I just need a couple very large galvanized bolts, washers and nuts to anchor and hinge them with. I did show the wife the Scout fans today she wanted to see what I got done on it and I am going to work in some Scout time tomorrow. My tires for the black truck will be here tomorrow and I have 8 aluminum wheels to polish, that will be a job for sure. My plan for tomorrow is to install the a/c condenser and the transmission cooler and figure out where everything is going to run and the connections for the fans. More to come

AD