project Blue Rhinoceros

Discussion in 'Binder Builds' started by Arkansas Dave, May 11, 2012.

1. Arkansas Dave

Arkansas Dave High Wheeler

Been finding some parts today online located my brake lines, brake pads, u-joints and stuff like that more to come

Arkansas Dave

2. Mater

Mater Farmall Cub

RockAuto maybe?

3. patman52

patman52 Farmall Cub

what happened to this build? it was getting good!

4. Arkansas Dave

It's still going I just haven't posted lately. I will post some more soon I been remodeling the house you know how that goes! About to work some 75 hour weeks for a little while but am still plugging along the Scout. Been shopping for drive train parts and the wife says she wants it on the road soon she misses it I think!
    more to come... Arkansas Dave

patman52 likes this.
  5. Arkansas Dave

Well I'm still working long hours but i did work on the Scout yesterday I tore into the 345 getting ready for a rebuild after deciding to go this route but I found a cylinder with a broken ring that had scored the 3rd cylinder on the drivers side of the engine vertical it has two deep grooves and appears to have been opened up before it had what looks like Fel pro blue head gaskets and an odd ball piston in the cylinder with the issue. All pistons are standard bore and type but the one cylinder has a different type piston with a circle that says up or something like that showing which side up for the piston. Anyway I could sleeve it or bore but I don't want to spend a fortune on it. So I have decided to crate it up after I put it back together and store it in the parts building in case I want to use it in the future. Now for the replacement I happened to have a fairly new built small block chebby I built for a truck I used to run it in so for now that is going into the ol Scout. I will be posting pics and info soon.

AD

6. Arkansas Dave

I got the 345 put back together yesterday Morning then my new drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads came in yesterday afternoon. I will post some pics of them. I got my newest tool in Thursday I bought a Mac torque wrench for putting my engine parts together I have a needle/ snap on dial type but I like the clicker so I got a deal on one so I ordered it. I am parts shopping again tonight. more to come.

Arkansas Dave

7. Arkansas Dave

Well I ordered some more goodies I got in a lock and key for my hatch, rod bolt covers, plasti gauge, got in my new engine mounts and today the big part I had to have the Advanced Adapters engine to transmission adapter. I am going to pick up the block tomorrow. Pics to come

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  8. Arkansas Dave

I been out getting some stuff rounded up to go get my engine. I have a stash of engines at my Dad's I hope the 4 bolt block is as good as I remember, I think I may have 2 but as I recall 1 is std. and the other is 60 over but good bore spun rod bearing. And I'm pretty sure I have a forged crank or two its been 20 years since I've went through that stash of parts so no telling what I might find I know there are about 10 small blocks and various other engines and parts. Sounds like a egg hunt.

AD

9. Arkansas Dave

Oh yeah I took some new pics of parts and stuff I will post tonight when I get the engine.

AD

10. Arkansas Dave

Well I had a problem with the engine I found it and was in great shape but it had a big copper head beside it so I decided to wait and go back later and use Dad's tractor to move it out of the place it's in to a more civilized area where there's grass instead of weeds and leaves. I had it under a cover in the dry along with several others but apparently that was a nice dry spot for critters. I didn't feel like getting snake bit so I decided to wait and go back later. Anyway I found some cranks I had stored elsewhere and one ended up being a 400 sb and the other a 350. Anyway I will attempt to load some new pics of parts and the 345 I put back together the other day.

AD

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  11. Arkansas Dave

12. Arkansas Dave

13. Arkansas Dave

14. Arkansas Dave

IMG_20170513_133139.jpg IMG_20170513_133354.jpg IMG_20170513_133000.jpg IMG_20170513_133406.jpg IMG_20170513_133139.jpg and some more: IMG_20170513_133354.jpg IMG_20170513_133000.jpg IMG_20170513_133406.jpg

15. Arkansas Dave

that''s most of what I got this week more to come.

Arkansas Dave

16. J. David Oldham

J. David Oldham Farmall Cub

LOL....Copper heads & Cotton Mouths don't play well with others. :2guns::2guns:

17. Arkansas Dave

No they don't like being disturbed. I now see what happens when you post pics early in the morning! I kinda double posted some of them. I guess for today I'm just going to unload the few parts I brought home. I will be glad when I get my big weekends back these short 1 day off weekends are hurting the Scout project. But it helps the Scout funds. more to come...

AD

18. Arkansas Dave

Well I got the parts unloaded and put up been trying to find more parts I can get ordered without having bore size, rod and main sizes. So I figure water pump, pulleys, belts, hoses, other body parts, etc...

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

19. Arkansas Dave

Still looking at Scout Parts and other parts for my car it got ran into so been dealing with that. In the mean time been driving the Silveraaaaaaaado #2 trying to figure out which pulleys and pump to go with I think I need to run some serpentine style.

AD

20. Arkansas Dave

I been finding more parts I ordered a fuel pump, aluminum fuel filter some alternator brackets and some roller rockers. Now I got to find some power steering brackets and figure out the a/c compressor scenario and maybe some plug wires. more to come

Arkansas Dave