Project 200 - War Wagon

Discussion in 'Southeast Binders Association' started by mormetl, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Ted H

Ted H Farmall Cub

I think you ought to cut it a little shorter and mount it under the bed. I like your cab liner. Will help with the noise. May have to copy that for my Power Wagon.

2. mormetl

mormetl High Wheeler

That would be a good idea, Ted, however I would have to rework the doors - it would be a little more work than I care to do. I could always find a square toolbox with the correct dimensions somewhere around - I'm sure. I've liked the level of the boxes too - perfect height for me to grab stuff quickly.
    I hope the liner helps with noise - I have a lot more insulating to do, but don't want to go too far, since eventually I will be replacing the cab. How's the Power Wagon doing, by the way?

Update:
    Wrapped up my transmission cover this afternoon. I cut some metal from one of Roadkill's old quarter panels that I have in my scrap pile. I molded it to fit and shaped up the butchered area where the old levers were. I cleaned it up and shot some black on it. I then mounted the twin sticks and will have to now figure out how to hook up the levers to the dump attachment rods. Next free time I'll deal with that.
    [​IMG]

Here's where the other toolbox now resides - it's going to really help me clean up a lot of small stuff around the shop. I dig it.
    [​IMG]

3. SSIIbuild

SSIIbuild Binder Driver

Looking good.

4. mormetl

mormetl High Wheeler

Quick update: Bought a Pertronix Ignitor II over the weekend - got it and installed it this evening...and it still runs rough - guess my carb is now the issue, since I've changed all plugs, wires, cap, and rotor button recently. Dang it!!

5. gmbarker78

gmbarker78 Farmall Cub

Is that a tall boy in the koozie? :beer:

6. mormetl

mormetl High Wheeler

Nah, that's a Monster, man! Gave up the spirits a good while back.

7. mormetl

mormetl High Wheeler

Quick update: I'm currently on my way back from Arizona with a load of IH's for Brendan in PA, and also a cab for the War Wagon - I will post pics when I get it home and situated.

8. Mitch Neal

Mitch Neal High Wheeler

I saw that cab on the back of the load. Nice score!

9. mormetl

mormetl High Wheeler

Yea Mitch, I'm super impressed with the cab - very minimal rust issues, just some dents and dings. I also got some extra pieces for the Wagon that I stored in the cab for the journey home. I'll reveal those at a later date. Hoping to have the War Wagon at the winter meet this year, as well. If Tasha is up for it, we are going to drive it down.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  10. J.J.

J.J. Lives in an IH Dealership

good score, where is mine?? :)

JJ in TN

11. mormetl

mormetl High Wheeler

I knew I forgot something, JJ - dang!

12. mormetl

mormetl High Wheeler

I have yet to do any cleaning up on the cab I got - it's just sitting on my brother's landscape trailer in my garage. I'll get pics when I can. I do have pics, however, of the other pieces that I picked up while at Brendan's. Several years back I noticed that some of the heavy duty D's had fenders with larger wheel openings, and 1 in particular was a 4wd - I dug it then, and think the War Wagon would look good that way now. So, that is what I picked up. One fender needs some massaging, but I'll get it worked out and get them prepped for later painting. Here they are, anxious to see how it will turn out:
    [​IMG]

harvesterman93 and Jeff Joyce like this.
  13. harvesterman93

harvesterman93 Farmall Cub

that's going to look tough!

14. bindermike

bindermike Farmall Cub

The older C-series 1500 trucks, equipped with 20-inch wheels, had larger wheel openings on the front fenders. 1500 trucks with the standard 17-inch wheels had the same fenders as regular pickups. It may be the same with the D-series 1500 and 1510 trucks. Judging from the 18k GVW on the fender, I'd say they were originally from a 1510.
    ymmv, Mike

15. mormetl

mormetl High Wheeler

I agree, plus the 1510 badging is still on the fenders as well. The truck it came from had the 20's on it, if I remember correctly, so it makes sense that is how they came. It'll be a while before I can get them installed, but I'm anxious!

harvesterman93 likes this.
  16. mormetl

mormetl High Wheeler

Thanks to Randy, I got some end caps fabbed for the tool boxes. I decided to work a little bit on them this past Tuesday and some this weekend. My pictures are horrible because I seriously need a new phone, but there they are anyway. Big thanks to him for getting them for me. I drilled holes to plug weld them and then welded them solid all the way around. My welding is not beautiful, by any means - it's been a while since I've touched a welder, and going back to 110 with flux core wire, instead of 220 with gas made a difference as well. Hopefully have more progress this next week.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once I get them installed, I'm going to incorporate some tubing into the rear of the bed, and eventually do the headache rack.

17. mormetl

mormetl High Wheeler

I got the driver's side box done this weekend. I welded some angle on the inside front of the box to mount to the existing metal headboard - I'll utilize it for now. I then cut a hole in the tail end of the box to slide the rear tubing into for a better anchor to weld to. Got some mounting plates for the tubing and bent up the tubing I had to the shape you see. I didn't want a straight 90, so went with the 45 to 45. I like how it's turning out, but will incorporate some more tubing once I get the passenger side done. I have some ideas for mounting my hi-lift too, and possibly some other stuff. Here's how it is for now. Guess I'll ride around this week a little off kilter. I'm ready to get all my goodies back in my boxes for tag along - felt a little naked lately without my tools, straps, fluids, extraction stuff, etc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Till next update...

18. Ted H

Ted H Farmall Cub

Looking good, Nate

19. Jeff Jamison

Jeff Jamison Lives in an IH Dealership

I realy like that look.

20. mormetl

mormetl High Wheeler

My big truck is in the shop for a clutch this week, so I went ahead and finished the other side of my truck bed and toolbox yesterday. I'm still going to add some more tubing, but not quite sure how or where yet. The truck feels a little more complete now. I'm happy with it thus far!

[​IMG]

lev1a likes this.