`Possible sighting of my stolen 6-Speed?

Discussion in 'General IH Tech' started by stu simpson, Jan 21, 2006.

1. stu simpson

stu simpson High Wheeler

Well thanks for the sentiment but Fred disposed of the truck somewhere after I filed charges In February 2005. As to your previous post, well, I am sorry but you do not know what you are talking about so it may be best if you fade away.

2. Whatthe

Whatthe Banned

Well in my opinion your STORY does not MAKE SENSE !!! SO WITHOUT PROFF WHICH YOU DO NOT SEEM TO HAVE !!!!! YOU SHOULD FADE AWAY & STOP SLANDERING PEOPLE !!!!!!!! I especially like your STATEMENT "HE RENTS OUT TO JUNKIES" HOW THE HELL WOULD YOU KNOW THIS ????? JUST MORE BS COMING FROM YOU !!!

3. John Donnelly

John Donnelly Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Well, Steve, I didn't call you a liar, you did that yourself. Your comments here say that you are familiar with this site, and some of its positions on matters. You have no proof, and you appeared out of nowhere... the modus operandi of one of more our more less-favorite members of the band.... so, rejoin the band... I hear there is an opening in the wind section......

This is what go you banned.. just FYI.

Have a nice day... don't come back... I will be watching for you.

-John

4. Darrel

Darrel Dreams of Cub Cadets

Stu,

I still remember your story well. So what ever happened to Hulbert? Did you ever get any justice?

5. stu simpson

stu simpson High Wheeler

Well, like I said I hadn't heard anything for awhile, like October or something like that, but I got a call today from this guy, post #9:

http://www.binderplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88200

who just realized he's been taken.

Back in Feb. I spoke to the Detective in Wyoming who was handling the case and she said she thought that a deal had been presented to Hulbert to reduce the charges in exchange for admission of guilt and restitution. I called today to see what was going on and might get a call back.

6. stu simpson

stu simpson High Wheeler

Got off the phone about an hour ago. Mr. Eric Jones, Platt Co. Wyoming DA, said he is expecting to hear very soon if Fred has taken the deal, which is:

1. cash restitution
    2. court costs
    3. $250 fine
    4. 180 days in Jail, credit for time served in Pa (4 or 5 weeks???)
    5. reduction of the felony charge to a misdemeanor

I should know something soon.

7. Mike Moore

Mike Moore Dreams of Cub Cadets

Jail...restitution?

Sounds like it may be better than nuthin, still not your truck, but better than nuthin!:)

8. stu simpson

stu simpson High Wheeler

.........Can it be:cornfused:?

.........Is it over:nono:?

Really??????

:beer:

Frederick Marion Hulbert pled guilty to a simple count of larceny, a misdemenor, down from felony theft. He was required to appear in open court by the Platte County DA, Eric Jones, and enter his plea. Hulbert was fined, ordered to pay court costs, received a jail sentence (with credit to time served) and restitution. I am to receive my restitution check from either the bonded account he was obligated to open with the state of Wyoming or from his lawyer's account. When the judge returns the paperwork it will become a matter of public record, and a criminal conviction he cannot run from or explain away any more.

Almost can't believe that this has covered 6 years. Yes, I would have loved to have had my truck, and yes, the check will be lovely, but I can finally conclude this chapter. So many times I have written this whole episode off, hoping it would fade away as if it never happened, actually dreading the communication of every "lead" or "positive development". Life lived, lessons learned.

Yet another one learned the hard way:hammer:.

Thanks to all who have offered support in spirit or by action:beer:. I am truly blessed to be part of this community. Maybe one day I will be able to get the taste out of my mouth and get back to the Speed Trucks. I love them, and maybe working on some 20s stuff will be therapy enough.

I'll post up pics when I get the paperwork!

9. Mark Brown

Mark Brown Farmall Cub

I know its been a long hard road and I hope u do get restitution,. although I am sure that you would rather this have never happened. Congrats on finally having something positive happen.:beer:

10. Lava

Lava High Wheeler

Hey Stu,
    Do you have a photograph of this convicted criminal?
    Mugshot maybe?
    thanks
    charlie

11. JeffR

JeffR Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Congrats Stu, glad you've gotten something resembling restitution.

12. Erik Morton

Erik Morton High Wheeler

Sweet! Congratulations Stu,

Cheers,
    E

13. ihscoutlover

ihscoutlover High Wheeler

Stu,
    Glad to see some justice in this matter. Wish things would have turned out better(that you got your truck), but like you indicated, its a lesson learned, but a tough one to really swallow. At least you have your pride, and from the thread, it seems like you did a lot of homework and legwork to get it where it is today.

Jeff

14. TheGoldenGreek

TheGoldenGreek High Wheeler

Gratz Stu! Stories like this leave me w/ a little hope that the evil doers in the world will always eventually be caught and brought to justice.

Way to persevere!

15. deafdrummer

deafdrummer Banned

Does this mean your get your restitution all at once or only what the criminal is able to pay during each month? I have an idea about someone thumbing their nose at the authorities by draaaagggging it out and sticking it to you. I know of someone who tried to do that with child support.

I'll have to find out what it is for Texas.

I'm glad to hear you got something out of it. I bet you lost all your non-gray hairs over it. I don't know if I will get anything out of mine...

Stephanie

16. Allan E

Allan E Lives in an IH Dealership

The guy that stole my trailer ended up pleading to a misdemeanor rather than a felony as well. The sentence was similar. A hearing was held to determine the value of the trailer as well as the costs I incurred, which came out to about 6 times what the trailer had been worth.

The guy who stole it had been doing a 3 corner route, from AZ, NM, and CO. He never did give up his fences, which is really what the cops wanted out of him. I told them if they could use my case as leverage to get the fences to go ahead, but the guy wouldn't budge, so I ended up with the cash at 66 dollars a month for a while. After a year he just paid it off, and I didn't object when they took him off probation.

The long way to say that the case appears to have been handled in a routine manner for this sort of thing, and yes, this sort of thing is common in our criminal justice system.

Glad you got something out of it, Stu. Good job hanging in there.

17. Paul Morgan

Paul Morgan Banned

Stephanie
    I thought we were going to give this a rest
    You WILL get your vehicle
    If you follow Stu's plight throughout, you will find he spent 4 years on this deal
    I would appreciate at this point not to be maligned any further
    I WILL report this to the administration if this continues
    This last post of yours amounts to libel (look it up if you need to)

I hope it all works out for you Stu
    It sucks to get taken with nothing to show for it

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  18. Mark Brown

Mark Brown Farmall Cub

I had a camper stolen from my parents house, recovered it myself with the help of a family friend who saw it in astrange yard and told us. The thief was a known burglar and had several cases pending against him. I was to receive damages because he tore up some things when he stole it. Been at least 10 years, yet to see a dime of that money. Better luck to you, Stu.:)

19. jlpdemag

jlpdemag Farmall Cub

Stu,
    I just read this thread and an blown away. I hope you get your cash in the end. Did a google search and came up with PC Bear's info. Looks like he is still working, hope others can avoid your situation. http://www.pcbeartransport.com/index.html

20. Darrel

Darrel Dreams of Cub Cadets

Congratulations Stu. I remember at one time you didn't even want to discuss it anymore. Good to see that justice, however slight, finally caught up with him. At least now he has a conviction on his record and you'll get a little money back. If you have problems getting the restitution look into putting a lien on his property (long shot that he owns property I know).