`Possible sighting of my stolen 6-Speed?

Discussion in 'General IH Tech' started by stu simpson, Jan 21, 2006.

1. stu simpson

stu simpson High Wheeler

UPDATE

OK it looks like the world is crashing down on this guy.

I just got a call last night from another poor soul in California that got a 1969(?) Olds W31 pinched by Hulbert, plus some very valuable parts. He stumbled onto the BB posts by doing an internet search for Fred Hulbert. Same thing happened last year when John Kelley of Globe AZ got to the end of his rope after his 1942 Ford business coupe was stolen.

The California dude is frothing at the mouth to press charges and hopefully get his extremely rare car back. Here's the kicker:

I found out this morning that Montana has a felony theft warrant out for Hulbert for something else in addition to the charges I pressed in Wyoming. My case goes first, then Montana, then looks like Pennsylvania...then California. California has a three strikes-you-are-OUT policy. Meaning, life in prison. We are all very eager to make Mr Hulbert's life very uncomfortable. I do not know the whereabouts of the theif i.e. custody or not but I believe so....in Washington State....I am supposed to hear something soon out of Wyoming.

2. jeff campbell

jeff campbell Lives in an IH Dealership

good luck an GIT ER DONE stu!jeff

3. Dave Meyers

Dave Meyers Binder Driver

I hope he is prosecuted to the fullest extent, and that you can recover your parts. I once had a cherry 1985 rx7 gsl-se, stolen and then used to run heroine between Mexico and the US. I did not get it back from the insurance company after it was recovered. The thief escaped to Mexico and I could not get the car from the insurance company once they recovered it, dont know why. I will personally feel better if your guy pays his debt and you get your parts back. Good luck.

4. Matt O'Bryan

Matt O'Bryan High Wheeler

Stu- Do we need to start a BB defense (offence??? persecution??? Wrath-of-God-on-the-Wrongdoer???) fund?

I'd be in for 20.

Matt

5. DrMaserati

DrMaserati High Wheeler

Probably because it didn't belong to you anymore. Once your insurance company pays you off, the car belongs to THEM.

6. stu simpson

stu simpson High Wheeler

The moral support of the web site and greater IH community has been overwhelming to say the least and knowing how many folks are behind me is all the backup I will need.

Thanks all the same, Matt, and thanks again to all have followed this and supported me.

Anecdote: The response I received from folks here the day I started this thread led me to becoming a supporting member. I repeat: If this quality organization wasn't here, at least one and probably now two vehicles stolen by Hulbert would never have been recovered. These vehicles aren't IH. There isn't another network of folks like it. Become a supporting member NOW.

7. Raimunelar

Raimunelar Farmall Cub

Hi My name is Ray and I live in New Buffalo Michigan. I hired a guy named Fred Hulbert to move a 55 olds from Missouri to up here. He never got the car due to weather conditions, but still has the title he picked up. He also picked up a 55 olds front end for from California for me but I never seen it, been a year now. He actually bought a rear end off me and drove a red Dodge club cab diesel with a two car trailer/ I guess I am now part of his victim list. Feel free to contact me. His last known email address was oldsmofred@yahoo.com? Sound familiar to anyone? I used to have his number, but not anymore. He told me he had a place in central Indiana.
    Regards, Ray

8. stu simpson

stu simpson High Wheeler

Fred is under arrest in Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania and is fighting extradition to Wyoming. Since this is only about 4 hours due north of me I am hoping to attend his hearing. He is fighting the extradition because he says he has never been to Wyoming and it is a case of mistaken identity!

Loving it.

9. scoutboy74

scoutboy74 Lives in an IH Dealership

You know what, I believe him:angel: All of these hijinks can be blamed on his evil twin, Jed:devil2:

It looks as though justice is about to be served at long last.

10. TheDon

TheDon Binder Driver

Stu, in light of my recent events (not your same guy, just similar hijinks)....

Any resolution to all this?

11. gmbarker78

gmbarker78 Farmall Cub

Holy ****, this guy just hauled a rig for me last friday. I thought he was a cool dude. I did wonder what took him so long to get here with it. I am willing to help in any way possible!

12. SoontobeLifted_72

SoontobeLifted_72 Farmall Cub

How can Fred be out of trouble and back on the streets already?? Im in Wilmington NC and its scary to hear that he made it over to this area.

13. Whatthe

Whatthe Banned

I just spoke to Fred this morning !!! He did NOT sound like he was in any Jail ?? I had a good deal with Him?? One side does NOT a Story make ?????

14. Aaron L.

Aaron L. Farmall Cub

Nevermind...don't wanna drag that back up...

15. Paul "Misterfixit" Schulz

Paul "Misterfixit" Schulz Super Mod from Downunder Staff Member Administrator Moderator

You lot need to form a posse, hire him to haul a car, sit in wait, then when he turns up, release the dogs of hell upon him!:devil2:

16. stu simpson

stu simpson High Wheeler

You are right. One side does not a story make, but 20 people can't be wrong.

17. Whatthe

Whatthe Banned

It just sounds Weird that if he has RIPPED off so many people BUT not been arrested ?? I'm NOT making light of you losing a beautiful vehicle either !! My father was a NYS Trooper for 28 years and he says they would have him in jail by now if anything could be proved ??? Did you ever get PAID by the Insurance compnay for this ???

18. John Donnelly

John Donnelly Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

I find it interesting that you appear out of nowhere, have a name of "steve" in your email, and hail from 90210...

Mr. Bigler? Is that you?

If it is, spare us the trouble and just go away now.

-John

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  19. Whatthe

Whatthe Banned

My name is Steve !! Who are you to call me a Liar ?? I have no clue who John?? is . I came across this Thread when forwarded to me by someone !! All I said was their is 2 sides to every Story & it's easy to JUMP ON THE BANDWAGON when someone is saying their side ??? Also if he has RIPPED of 20 people their is no way in HELL he would not have been arrested by Federal Officers by now FACT !!!! I also said MY dealings with him went Smooth ... Thanks and have a NICE day

20. Whatthe

Whatthe Banned

PS I would hope that someday Stu would get HIS Property back.