Hey gang, I finally did it. I've had this in mind for some time now, and had actually purchased the kit to do this a couple of years back. I got the Scout to a point where I am happy with it mechanically, and had rust-proofed and bed-lined the interior. With that, it was time to turn my attention to the exterior. The PO had painted it with a single stage green. It looked pretty good from about 20 ft. but as you got close, it had a ton of runs, orange peel, imperfections, poor prep work was evident, etc. There were also a number of small dents, and some "trail stripes" down the sides that were unsightly. This isn't a show truck and she gets used, so I didn't want to spend the time or money to do a full new paint job. I've followed the advances on Plasti-dip and had seen some pretty good looking results at some car shows, so I thought I should give it a shot. I took my time in the prep (it's all about the prep work), removing all the trim, lights, bumpers, mirrors, and so forth, taped the heck out of it, and draped my garage with drop cloths. I rubbed the body down with denatured alcohol (that's it), then it was time to shoot. We (brother-in-law has some experience) laid down 2 gallons of flat gun-metal grey base, then hit it with 1 gal matte and 1 gal gloss blended for a satin finish, complemented with 100 grams of Candy Cocoa Metallic. The stuff is super easy to work with and forgiving (it self-levels and dries quick), and cleans up pretty easily (over spray doesn't travel far). I am pretty pleased with the results. There are a few spots where the PO didn't mask (window felts, around the gas filler trim) where you can still see traces of the green. Otherwise, from a distance you wouldn't know it's not paint. It's only once you touch it you realize there is a rubbery texture. I did the door cards and shifter panel to match as well. In looking at various Scout II's over the years, I decided to leave the grill in the gun-metal color to mimic that bit of contrast. While I had all the emblems off I soaked them in MEK, lightly sanded with the dremel, the painted them up to look new. Thought I would share, as I know there are quite a few of us out there that don't want to drop the coin on making our trail rigs too pretty, or just need a temporary solution for the time being.