Picture of your IH

Discussion in 'Mid-South Binders' started by Keaton G., Oct 5, 2009.

1. ihscoutmatt

ihscoutmatt High Wheeler

Are you going to paint it back the factory color?

I think Ive saw your Scout before, Ive seen a brown '76 scout II in Benton a few times before the lift, if it was it then you started out with a good looking Scout

2. hogcityracer

hogcityracer Farmall Cub

The axles are out of a late 70's blazer. I picked it up cheap, with brand new 33x12.50 tires on it. I don't do any hard core wheeling, so I think these will hold up for a while. And if they don't I'll find some that will. I researched the crap out of the SOA conversion on here, and it went pretty smooth. I am amazed at how much you can pick up, if you just lurk around and read. One thing I found out for myself is--there is no such thing as a cheap lift! THis one was headed that way until I added up all the little things like brake lines, U-bolts, shock mounts, crossover steering, etc..............

I really like the half cab. I have always been more of a truck kind of person, and this way I have the best of both worlds. I almost went with a terra top, but I'm glad I waited till I found this metal one. I know most people like the terra tops better, but there's something about the metal tops I like, looks more like a truck I think.

3. ihscoutmatt

ihscoutmatt High Wheeler

I know what you mean, I think a Terra top looks fine on a Terra/Traveler but on a Scout Ii the steel half cab is the way to go in my opinion

4. Keaton G.

Keaton G. Farmall Cub

No i am actually painting it a GM color it's a dark Grey metallic. it was originally that light greenish yellow color and then somebody painted it dark maroon. The second paint job was pretty good but they didn't do very good on the prep work and some of there cover ups showed up pretty quickly after some wear and tare so i took it all the bad spots down to shiny 33 year old metal.

5. ihscoutmatt

ihscoutmatt High Wheeler

hum so I guess the brown '76 Ive seen wasnt yours:oops:

6. jeependude

jeependude Guest

This is one thats a work in progeress...So far consisting of:
    345 running on propane, Dual T-19 transmission, Dana 60 front &14 bolt rear, Chevy 1/2 ton front springs and 1 link rear,Hydro steering, 39.5 TSL on beadlocks and come tube with narroed front clip. My kids call it the B.U.T. (Big Ugly Turd).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Keaton G.

Keaton G. Farmall Cub

here's a few current pictures of the new paint and the cage. I add one from just after i got it, its the only one i have after the laptop decided to die on me and i lost most of the build pictures. What do ya think?

Attached Files:

8. flint

flint Farmall Cub

My scout. SD33T Nissan Diesel (rebuilt). 2.5 Skyjacker lift. Detroit lockers f and r with 4:56 yukon gears. 33 in maxxis mudders. D and C rear bumper. My own homemade front bumper with Warn 8274 winch. It is a Traveler, I added the tailgate to it. It is my fishing truck. I have had it for 20 years this year. The original color is in the avatar with the top on. I painted it IH red myself.
    Greg

Attached Files:

9. supermerle

supermerle Binder Driver

First off everybody "NICE RIDES" Keaton thats a clean scout! Where did you find that one? Jeependude sweet crawler! Flint man I like it, and everybody else's ride Matt, etc. Heres a few pic's of mine. I've got it going now just waiting for a friend to help me change the tub out. Anybody change tubs on theirs? Any suggestion or things they ran into? Keep the pic's coming. I like pic's it keeps me motivated!!

Attached Files:

10. ihscoutmatt

ihscoutmatt High Wheeler

man that thing looks good:beer:

11. ihscoutmatt

ihscoutmatt High Wheeler

Yall think we should sticky this thread, so that when people find us they will see it first thing and can post up?

12. flint

flint Farmall Cub

I think it would be great to sticky this thread. Everyone has such COOL IH's. It is great to see so many.
    Greg

13. flint

flint Farmall Cub

Supermerle,
    Are you going to keep the front bumper. It would look great painted black.
    :4x4:

Greg

14. supermerle

supermerle Binder Driver

Flint
    Its starting to grow on me; and besides, the PO welded it to the front frame. I think I'm going to trim it up alittle and maybe get it a little more presentiable. My wife calls it a cattle guard! hehe I don't know if you can see it but it came with a warn 8000 lb winch on the front buried inside that cattleguard of a bumper. It will be painted flat black, along with the wheels, and top. I'm going to go with a flat black theme everywhere except the body which will be off white IH white tractor paint. You can buy the paint for 29.00 a gallon at TSC and put the hardner in it and the stuff looks real good for a long time. I've paint my tractor with the stuff and they still look like brand new after about 4 years on! If you paint again buy somemore tractor paint.

15. ihscoutmatt

ihscoutmatt High Wheeler

my brother in law painted his xj with that color they didn't do crap for prep and it still came out good if I could find the color I want in tractor paint I would go that route cause it holds up good and I hear its easier to spray I'm not a painter so I cant say why, it sounds like your going to have a really tough lookin Scout when your done I would get some bushwacker flares though and replace those old universal cut to fit ones to complete your black and white theme also what grill are you going to use an SSII grill would just finish out the look

16. Keaton G.

Keaton G. Farmall Cub

Long story short, hell of a barn find, i made a deal with the a guy i worked with who had just been in a bad wreck that i would mow his grass for the rest of the summer for the scout, that was in July. I mowed it twice and summer was over and i had a scout. :tt2: If i didnt take it it would have just sit there until it rusted away. I don't know where he got it from but he didnt have any plans for it.

17. ihscoutmatt

ihscoutmatt High Wheeler

now why cant I get deals like that:beer:

18. Keaton G.

Keaton G. Farmall Cub

Y'all may curse me for this but i was looking for a jeep to build but lucked into the scout! But what did i know i was only 18 at the time now i am so much older, (21) wiser and drive a scout!!!! I am glad i have it now but i never would have gotten this far by myself without this place probably would have gave up some where around the motor swap.

19. supermerle

supermerle Binder Driver

I paint ed the front bumper the way I want it to look. The black part I want to keep and the white part will be cut off. What'cha y'all think. I rearrange the veriticials alittle different, too.

Attached Files:

20. Josey

Josey Farmall Cub

Looks like you got a good plan there. Nice visual by the way.