Part #114349H1....

Discussion in 'General IH Tech' started by ChinaClipper, Sep 29, 2020.

1. ChinaClipper

ChinaClipper Farmall Cub

Looking for a T34 main drive gear nut for months...looked just about all over. MT-131 shows this part number, looks like an Oring these days. It’s a lock/jamb nut, on mine it has a deformable ring. It’s 2 1/8ths. -16...LHD thread.....(ask me how I know...or found out! Hint: Not in the FSM) Any leads? Probably a nylon lock nut these days...gotta be a Fuller, BW or Spicer number some place...THANKS,

2. J.J.

J.J. Lives in an IH Dealership

IH Parts America, he was showing me some NOS stuff for the T34s when I was up there a couple of summers ago.

JJ in TN

3. Howard Pletcher

Howard Pletcher Farmall Cub

Since that was an IH designed transmission, it is not likely that another manufacturer would have an identical part.
    If IHPA doesn't have one, contact the Navistar Dealer in Lethbridge, AB who has a sizeable business in old parts, www.oldinternationaltrucks.com. Even if the nut isn't listed, ask as he seems to have sources for many parts.
    Phil Coonrod may also have something.

vince konicki likes this.
  4. TRAVELETTE

TRAVELETTE Farmall Cub

Having an IH parts book does not make one an IH partsperson. The MT-131 parts catalog covers trucks and their COMPONENTS built for the 1972-3 model years. 114349H1 is the main drive gear bearing retaining snap ring, that was used on T-3X transmissions built in that time frame. And by the way IH made a mistake in the MT-131 by recycling old text which calls the ring a nut. You have an earlier transmission which uses the 255353R1 nut. 255353R1 replaced IH number 44064H. Howard is correct about this being an IH designed transmission, but it sure looks like IH borrowed heavily from some older Fuller units in designing these. And it happens that IH bought the nut we are discussing from Fuller! The Fuller part number is 8062.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    vince konicki, Kurt_M and mporter52 like this.
  5. ChinaClipper

ChinaClipper Farmall Cub

Ahhhh, chasing IH ghosts....an older MT shows the correct 255355r1 as a nut. I tried crosschecking the description in the NSN guide....(sorry, old USAF guy). Yes they are notoriously weak as well. My shaft is 2 1/8th, the above IH part number CROSSES correctly to everything except is a 2 1/4. Time to start ordering and see what shows up. The T34 was attached to my very early Perkins D354 that was transplanted into a 61 B160 before I snagged it. Are we having fun yet? Btw the FSM NEVER MENTIONED it’s a LHD thread, nor was the nut I destroyed showing traditional marlins indicating such. nor was there ANY thread exposed which my have clued me in....take note....

6. TRAVELETTE

TRAVELETTE Farmall Cub

What is your main drive gear number? It is stamped on the nose end. 2-1/8 16 UNSLH nut would be IH part number 697386R1, Fuller 8858. And as far as the service manual not mentioning the LH thread, it was just common knowledge back when I still had hair.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    RinTX and jeff campbell like this.
  7. ChinaClipper

ChinaClipper Farmall Cub

Here is the end stamp pic. Also a mic of the actual shaft thread 2.115ish and another set for 2.250 showing an obvious gap....no bueno! Thanks for the input, more knowledge about “uncommon knowledge” the better...

Attached Files: