ODBA member's rides thread

Discussion in 'Old Dominion Binders Association' started by Mike Moore, Mar 5, 2009.

1. jfulwider

jfulwider Farmall Cub

My first Scout. It is a 1974 with a 392 (not original of course) with a 4 speed. It looks good from about 20 ft. It has a lot of little issues that I have to fix. Turn signals dont work, gas gauge doesn't work, needs a back seat, hard top, hood bolts, and fender bolts. It leaks from every gas, oil, and a little gear lube. The front drive shaft isn't hooked up so not sure if 4x4 works or not. Need to find out fast though because I want to go wheelin.Hopefully i can figure this 4x4 thing out soon. This is my first 4x4 (well i have had a Nissan Titan but never put it into 4wheel drive). Maybe down the road I will put a more modern drivetrain and make it more of a wheeler.

Attached Files:

2. derelict

derelict Farmall Cub

Hey, new here and first post. Long shot but there isnt anyone with a Travelall, preferably a round body, here in NoVa, is there? I am trying to figure out what my next truck is going to be. I caught a glimpse of one while I was in WVa and have become interested in a family hauler and light wheeler. Just trying to get an up close feel for the dimensions of the thing. It looked like it might be about the same GMT400 era Tahoes. Anyone?

Jarrod

3. jfulwider

jfulwider Farmall Cub

Derelict, I would suggest you attend the SEBA winter event in South Carolina. You will see a couple I would think. You could get a really good feel for them there, up close and personal. Other than that I think you could post on their page and ask the same question. I know there is a guy in PA who has several TravelAlls and he attends the event.

4. Onelow1ton

Onelow1ton Farmall Cub

Hey just checking in and seeing who's where , I'm kenny and in spotsylvania va and hopefully in the next few week I'll be picking up a 62 travelette from down in sc ,just waiting on the current owner to cut a section of floor out of it to fix her truck then I'll be going to get it to swap onto my 99 ram 2wd cummins chassis. Once I actually get it home I'll be able to better access what I'll need but so far a tailgate for sure

Attached Files:

5. Erik Morton

Erik Morton High Wheeler

Welcome! and nice rig.

6. bindermike

bindermike Farmall Cub

Welcome to the BP and ODBA.

That look's like a neat old truck, and sounds like a great plan.

I'm up in Lorton, so let me know when you get her home; we can get together and swap lies ;-)

Later, Mike

7. jfulwider

jfulwider Farmall Cub

Welcome, if you have Facebook come and join us on there as well. ODBA is what you would type to get to the page.