No recent activity?

Discussion in 'Southwest Scouts of Oklahoma' started by h2oluver2k2, Apr 2, 2016.

1. h2oluver2k2

h2oluver2k2 Farmall Cub

I'm in Tulsa area and noticed the website for the group is gone...... Not much recent activity in the section of the forum either. This still and active group?

2. nightwingdrb

nightwingdrb Farmall Cub

So Godaddy doubled the price of the site, so I didn't extend it for a second year. We are still active and would love for you to join us. There will be a handful of us at Cars and Coffee tomorrow morning in OKC as well. I don't have the info for that right at hand, but will post it shortly. PM me your number and I can call you.
    dave

3. h2oluver2k2

h2oluver2k2 Farmall Cub

Totally understand that on website fees..... You should consider making a Facebook page for the group..... I will PM you my number.

4. Shane Rivas

Shane Rivas Farmall Cub

Just bought my first scout 2 months ago. Been searching the internet like crazy to learn about it. Live in Norman, heard about coffee and cars. You guys go out there regularly?

5. nightwingdrb

nightwingdrb Farmall Cub

We try to get out there from time to time... I don't ever make it because the Army has decided that I'm not allowed to have any fun and ALWAYS schedule my drill weekends the same weekend. We usually meet every 2nd weekend or so out at Floyd Eason's shop off of Sunnylane and I-40 in Del City but we've been trying to mix things up and not always impose on his shop and time.

We just elected a new President and he is MUCH more computer savvy than the rest of us, so hopefully y'all should see our Facebook and web presence increase again. In the near future, we've got several fun things planned like heading up to the Winchester Drive-in off of 240 in OKC once it opens for the spring/summer. We've also been invited to come down to the Hill Country Binder's event south of DFW and we're talking about how we can make that happen.

Where are you in Norman? I'm in Noble.

6. Shane Rivas

Shane Rivas Farmall Cub

East 36th and hwy 9, lived in noble for 5 years off 48th on forest hills before I moved to Norman.

7. Shane Rivas

Shane Rivas Farmall Cub

Hopefully I can do some events before too long, right now I have the intake and valley pan off. Waiting on a hard to get pushrod so I can get it back on the road.

8. nightwingdrb

nightwingdrb Farmall Cub

Which one? I'll ask around. Also, you don't have to bring the truck. You are welcome without it. I've been working on my rebuild for nearly a year now!

I'll send you my contact info in a PM soon and we can talk.

9. Shane Rivas

Shane Rivas Farmall Cub

Cool, ordered one yesterday from scout madness and it came today. Was kind of nervous it wouldn't be right but he came through. Very pleased got it in less than 24 hrs.

10. JimmieScout

JimmieScout Farmall Cub

I'm interested in getting involved too. I live 10 miles east of Moore and have a factory original SSII

11. nightwingdrb

nightwingdrb Farmall Cub

You'd be more than welcome. In fact, we'd love for you to come. PM me your contact info and I'll let you know the next time we get together!

12. OkieTD

OkieTD Farmall Cub

Im out in the shawnee area (if you hear banjos you are getting closer....) restomodding a 71 travelall at the moment, but would love to get a scout in the near future... may need to touch base with you guys.

13. nightwingdrb

nightwingdrb Farmall Cub

We'd love to have you. We aren't just for Scouts. We've got folks with Travelettes, Travelalls, and pickups too. Heck, one of the members has several of the Wagonmasters and even an old Six Speed! We're talking about doing something this coming weekend before Memorial day, but with the weather and school ending and what-not, a lot of us have been pretty busy.

I'll post a new thread once we figure something out.

14. nightwingdrb

nightwingdrb Farmall Cub

Just posted meeting information for our July meeting on Saturday. It's from 10 am – 1 pm at Dunamis Environmental Group’s shop at 509 S. Sunnylane Rd in Del City. Directions are in the other post.

Sorry about the short notice. We've been having some "low activity" problems and are going to try to solve that in the business part of the meeting. Y'all's input would be greatly appreciated. Hope to see you all there.

dave