New truck and new member.

Discussion in 'The Truck Stop' started by Joseph1200, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Joseph1200

Joseph1200 Farmall Cub

Hopefully I’m posting in the right section. I picked up a 1968 1200 4wd today. I’m wondering how “rare” it is. It’s a 345 four speed truck. It has the deluxe emblem on the dash and gold custom emblem on the passenger side door. It has a/c and power brakes. It runs, in the process of converting it to electronic ignition, rebuilding the carb and tuning it. Will post as progress continues!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  2. Joseph1200

Joseph1200 Farmall Cub

Also a side note. It is a 68 as noted on the title and has the 68 grill/headlight rings. From what I understand in 68 they didn’t have hood emblems, this one does and the hood paint/patina matches the truck. I’m assuming it’s an early truck given that.

3. stroker3

stroker3 Lives in an IH Dealership

Welcome. General Tech should get you more attention and information. As far as the year goes there was a lot of date of sale that would indicate the year over the mfg date and that seemed to follow a vehicle but the steel tag on the drivers door will help. Don't believe a 1210 existed in 67, or 68. Yours should have a 1200B (67) or a 1200C (68) on it. We like pics so if you post over on General Tech please share.

4. Joseph1200

Joseph1200 Farmall Cub

Thanks for the heads up, I’ll post over there. I verified that it is a 68. Just curious about the hood emblem. Thanks for the info!

5. stroker3

stroker3 Lives in an IH Dealership

68 shouldn't have the hood emblem. Things can happen over 50 years. Maybe the hood was swapped out 30 years ago and is now aged like the rest of the truck. Maybe a p/o added the emblem. Who knows. The custom can mean a few things. Usually it meant a nicer interior for the day and/or artic heater. If you don't have a LST, order one, it'll tell you everything it had from the factory.