New to Scouts

Discussion in 'Southwest Scouts of Oklahoma' started by mud-dog, Jun 19, 2007.

1. mud-dog

mud-dog Farmall Cub

Just wanted to say hi and I am exicited to own my first Scout.
    I have a 1962 Scout 80, it is stock now with some dry rotted 31" all terrains.
    I have a dana 44 and a corp. 14 bolt to swap into it along with a set of 36" goodyears, I will be doing a spring over when I install the new axles. Anyway I am interested in meeting other Scout owners in the central Oklahoma area.

2. Tim Gilpin

Tim Gilpin Farmall Cub

Wow sounds like you have big plans. Im sure there are a few of us close by that will be willing to help lend a hand and offer advice too. It ususally just takes asking. So with that sad welcome to scouts. Oh and do you have any more detail on the build up like what springs, how much lift, how much trimming, engine, tranny? Well good luck

Tim

3. mud-dog

mud-dog Farmall Cub

I will be starting the axle swap this coming weekend. I can only imagine how guttless this thing will be with 4.10 gears and 36" tires. I have a 350/sm465/np205 to swap in later, this should help out in the power department. After the swap I will have the drivetrain from the scout up for sale. Any way I live in Moore if anyone is interested in checking this thing out in person.

4. justbig

justbig Farmall Cub

would you be interested in one that is already started.It is a 69 800 pu cab with a factory 304 and 4 speed that I have already got the 14 bolt and HD 44 85% mounted? I'm in Enid and the scout is on the trailer just waiting to be moved. this a project that is moviong way to slow for me and my wallet. Justin

5. mud-dog

mud-dog Farmall Cub

i would sure like to see it. please email me some pics if you have them.
    mud73dog@yahoo.com

6. Elijah G

Elijah G Farmall Cub

7. justbig

justbig Farmall Cub

I will get some pics to you all as soon as I'm home in the daylight. I will be working out of town most of the week leavin early getting home late. Justin

8. mud-dog

mud-dog Farmall Cub

How much are you wanting for it? Also any more info would be great.
    You can send me any info to mud73dog@yahoo.com or post it here.

9. justbig

justbig Farmall Cub

It is a 69 800 PU cab with the 304 4 spd. I have removed the seats and doors-still have the doors, I have started the reverse shackle: shackels and wleding on the shackel mount is whats left on the front HD 44 8 lug I usedscout 2 factory springs, the rear 14 bolt is mounted with new uBolt plated and spring perches, they have not been welded waiting on drive shaft to set pinion angle the rear is 800 springs. it needs all steering components, I was planning complete hydraulic but a scout 2 box is still possible. I bought it 4 years ago in Lawton without a front axle. I have started it one time but it needed carb work(replacement) I was planning Propane but never did anything to the motor.

10. Elijah G

Elijah G Farmall Cub

clear titile?

11. justbig

justbig Farmall Cub

tag has not been brought up to date title is clear

12. mud-dog

mud-dog Farmall Cub

I have decided to keep working on the scout that I already have. The axles are in and the drive shafts are hooked up. I built a z-link and got the steering working yesterday. Now I need to redo all the brake lines from the master cylinder down. Can I run any master cylinder that I can bolt up or does some one have a suggestion on what to use?

13. justbig

justbig Farmall Cub

I would get a new master cylinder from the same model truck the axles came from, then there is no questiion, also run the appropriate size tubing and lines. remember its not just the force or pressure of the brake fluid it is also the volume. Justin

14. clintsmith

clintsmith Farmall Cub

Just wanted to jump in here and introduce me and my new dream car. A 69 scout 80 junkyard special. I'm going to end up completely redoing it, first question is this, do you guys know where to get the haynes manual for cheap, and a new wiring harness for ALL the wires? I live in Phoenix AZ and would love to meet anybody else down around this way! Good luck with your project Dawg!

15. mud-dog

mud-dog Farmall Cub