New Shop in Riverside, CA

Discussion in 'The Machine Shop' started by 64desertscout, Oct 22, 2016.

1. 64desertscout

64desertscout Farmall Cub

Well guys I meet up with an old buddy that used to have an ACVW shop next to my electrical shop 25 years ago and we've decided to "throw in" with each other and are renting a small amount of garage space and a lift from an engine shop. We don't do drivetrain rebuilds but most anything else we do and I do electrical repair to complete rewires...I can restore most switches back to almost original condition or have aftermarket alternatives. I'm not schooled on today's electronic ECM engines and dont have the equipment for them anyhow, we're "old guys" and we work on old stuff. We're not the fastest or probably the cheapest, but we do quality, honest work and stand behind it. We have the room for 3 vehicles at a time and a secure place to keep them. We havent decided in a name yet but if you need anything done PM me and we can go from there.

Thanks

2. 64desertscout

64desertscout Farmall Cub

We've been mainly working on VW's but do have 1 binder. It's a 67 with a 196 & T18 that has been sitting for 12 years. The dizzy was trash along with the starter, being an IH guy I had what was needed to see if it was a decent runner before we did anything to it. The 196 runs fine so we were given the go ahead to "bring it back".

[​IMG]

Starter is replaced along with new mounts and a good Delco dizzy with all new parts. The clutch has some issues and the brakes aren't working at all but we should have it moving under its own power next week with a bit of luck!

[​IMG]

Packerrailway likes this.