new idea

Discussion in 'Southeast Binders Association' started by chris80boy, Mar 6, 2004.

1. chris80boy

chris80boy Farmall Cub

is southern scouts broken into different sub chapters by state--it seems that some regeons are under represented or left out.I"M NOT SOUTHERN SCOUT BASHING THIS TIME--if N.carolina can be broken into a west,central,and southeast region--if its not already,we can organize or own meeting per month--do repairs on the brotherhood rigs,organize our own trail rides independant of the parent organization, while retaining affiliation.Has it been tried yet?Seems it would alleviate alot of pressure on the elected officials of the parent association--the news letter said its been a great year---for who?

2. Mitch Neal

Mitch Neal High Wheeler

I agree that we need smaller sub groups in the organization. Lets face it, we are trying to cover way to much area for everyone to get involved. I think we just need smaller chapters within the big organization, and maybe we can get more excitement generated. If you look at the most active clubs on the Binderbulletin, they are relatively small as far as the area that is covered.

3. Foy

Foy High Wheeler

Look at ODBA, for example

The ODBA works well due largely to the fact that they can get together without a huge road trip and due to the fact that there are good 4wheeling locations in the Virginia National Forests. The gatherings rarely cause a trip of over 2-2.5 hours to reach, and if you just want to wheel during the day, you can day-trip it and save the overnight costs.

We had a get-together in Raleigh last Spring but I was unable to attend due to other activities previously scheduled. I'd gladly attend a gathering somewhere in Central NC.

Foy

4. phnman

phnman Farmall Cub

that sound like a good Idea. I have seen a few scouts around town and would love to have a chance to get them together some place.

5. jhnyct

jhnyct High Wheeler

I actually purchased my Scout in Carrollton in 2000 from a guy named Tommy Eason. I don't know if you know him or not. He was a big IH guy. I thought that he might have popped up here some time.