My new 1964 scout project

Discussion in 'Anything Scout' started by Pmjdmm91, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Pmjdmm91

Pmjdmm91 Farmall Cub

Hey everyone, new to the forum and IH trucks, but not new to to IH tractors and equipment. I live in Western NY and farm for a living, I'm a tractor operator/ mechanic by trade. Anyways, I just picked up my first scout after a couple years of trying to find something solid. It's 1964, It was just shipped up here from Arizona. The floors and frame are in excellent shape and so is the body. It has lift springs and a soa. I'm thinking of flipping the axles back on top because it sits much to high for my plan to run 31's on it. I bought it non running but after messing around and looking it over I put a battery in, primed it with gas and it fired right up. It's been sitting in an Arizona junk yard for about 20 years before I got it so it needs to be totally gone through. I plan on putting new hoses on it, it needs a water pump because it leaks. Other than that I want to put modern seats and a rear seat in it. Some people will judge but I'm thinking 90's wrangler seats. Right now I plan to full cage and put a soft top on. A previous owner welded a half cab on it that does not appear to be from a scout and it took a full day to cut off without butchering up the scout. From the pictures you can see it also needs wheels/tires as they dry rotted off in Arizona. Thanks for listening to my rambling on, I'm very excited about my project.

Attached Files:

chris@profab and superfishyall like this.
  2. Pmjdmm91

Pmjdmm91 Farmall Cub

Also, I paid $3000 for the scout. Not sure if that's a good deal or not. The only filler on it seems to be over small dents from before it was painted last, I can reach up behind where the filler is on the quarter end caps and feel the dings that are filled. Overall it seems to be a very solid truck. Which is hard to come by in my area

3. chris@profab

chris@profab Farmall Cub

It appears they may have modified a travel top. Decent looking scout...