Most Complete Champagne I Have Seen

Discussion in 'General IH Tech' started by Randall Barringer, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Jeff Jamison

Jeff Jamison Lives in an IH Dealership

No ,a scout 80 I use to have,ended up the numbers I found where not correct,the line ticket is for an 800 as was the vin,someone must had switched tags on it,never noticed that until now.

scout2000 likes this.
  2. BinderBookie

BinderBookie High Wheeler

Is this the one with the visor on the LST? Can I rest easy now? Not another unicorn to search for? Got a heard of unicorns I'm looking for so I don't mind having one less. ( : < )

3. Jeff Jamison

Jeff Jamison Lives in an IH Dealership

yes thats the one,never paid it much attention before as we did some work to it and sold it,one less unicorn for you.

4. stroker3

stroker3 Lives in an IH Dealership

I believe that was the intent that was misread with this one. Very nice truck that cleaned up even better for sure. Well preserved 'original' condition claims can add a lot of interest and value but those claims can be a big let down for a new buyer if not entirely true. You would think for the money , a LST for it would have been included in the ad to help support some of the selling points.

This is also considered one of the first Scout 800's, officially it is still a Scout 80, but it is a pilot model for the soon to be released Scout 800 and has many Scout 800 features .

scout2000 likes this.
  5. BinderBookie

I'll be seeing the LST before long and will report back. The serial number plate was on the previous sale and the number was listed on this one. The numbers match. It's in a batch of CS from generally the same time period, many of which had turbos.

I think it's the real deal, with some rather tasteless alterations done by a PO that look easy to change back.

6. BinderBookie

OK, I've seen the LST on this rig. Real Deal. Built 6/18/65, so it's near the end of Scout 80 production. Shipped to the Denver Factory dealer. Besides the turbo engine, it has the typical 4.88:1 axle ratios and also a Pwr-Lok. It's painted 4298 Apache Gold and it has the dollup stamp and dollup codes. No unusual notations. Again, it's in a batch of turbo dollups sold at this time.

7. scout2000

scout2000 Dreams of Cub Cadets

Thank you for the info Jim !