Most Complete Champagne I Have Seen

Discussion in 'General IH Tech' started by Randall Barringer, Aug 13, 2019.

1. scout2000

scout2000 Dreams of Cub Cadets

TIA

I would be interested to find out anything that shows proof one way or another.

Aside from several online discussions here on BP, I have nothing that would prove, or disprove my "self titled" arrow head sun visors as a dealer add on.

There aren't many things in the Binder world that aren't rare/unique/uncommon in the grand scheme of things. It is probably my own personal bias + opinions that I have formed from previous discussions. That stated, these "arrow head" sun visors seem to have a bit more association with Scout 80's, than seems explainable by just random chance.

OTOH, if it does turn out that they are a JC Witney item, or other low end auto aftermarket accessory manufacturer part, I'm still OK with that. I do believe, that Randall's sun visor does point a very strong finger towards them being manufactured by Fulton, a big manufacturer of both inside, and external sun visors.

2. Randall Barringer

Randall Barringer Y-Block King

100% Fulton made.
    I'll get some pictures tomorrow and post them.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

scout2000 likes this.
  3. Jeff Jamison

Jeff Jamison Lives in an IH Dealership

It was just a plain scout 80,came out of montana.

4. MattKelley

MattKelley Farmall Cub

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  5. BinderBookie

BinderBookie High Wheeler

I just dug thru about 150 more LSTs from '63-65, focusing on non-Dollups, and I didn't see a single notation about an alacarte sun visor. And, again, it doesn't show up on '61, '63, or '64 prices lists or accessory catalogs. It's on '65 but not as an alacarte and I can't find an instance where it's mentioned separately. If it was on there, I really want to know about it, so even if all you can get me is a serial number, I'm anxious to track it down.
    Sure it wasn't the left armrest? You see that notation alot on plain Scouts 80s.

6. scout2000

Michael1971 likes this.
  7. holyrider

holyrider Farmall Cub

8. holyrider

holyrider Farmall Cub

This was supposed to be my reply. Don't know how it ends up as part of the quote???:wacko:

It's these guys.
    https://allmetalclassics.com
    They are in Caldwell, Idaho, about 25 miles from me. Have never been to their place because their prices are way out of line as far as I'm concerned and can afford. Not sure if they actually have a lot or are just a broker since they have an "in town" address with a suite number.
    If you check their "our inventory" link, they have had several nice looking IH's that are marked sold, as well as other brands.

scout2000 likes this.
  9. Michael1971

Michael1971 Farmall Cub

It looks like my new aristocrat had a passenger sun visor, no idea if the driver's had it, either way there's not one now...

I have no idea of that is ground breaking or not.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  10. BinderBookie

Aristocrat , 800A and the 800s are different animals because they all had standard sun visors. The Scout 80s didn't have sun visors initially at all... at least factory installed. Until late '64 and the RCS at least. Since we have seen some manner of vintage visor on survivors, dealers must have had some source for them, but the story behind that is TBD.

scout2000 likes this.
  11. RinTX

RinTX High Wheeler

I can’t get over the price. Who would bid that high?

12. BinderBookie

Somebody with more disposable income than I have. The more you pay, the more it's worth.

13. oneof3k

oneof3k Binder Driver

Not quite close enough to the CO San Juan Mnts
    Well, I certainly wouldn't pay that much for a Champagne, but deep down inside, I'm smiling to myself on what they are worth lately :yes:.

14. BinderBookie

At those kind of prices, you could come closer to actually recovering your restoration time and money if it ever came time to sell one.

oneof3k likes this.
  15. oneof3k

oneof3k Binder Driver

Ha! I've already come to the realization that my labor rate is somewhere between unrecoverable and left of zero!

scout2000 and TorqueMonster1 like this.
  16. scout2000

with exactly 3 hours of auction left, price is at US $22,702.00 with 39 bidders !

17. oneof3k

oneof3k Binder Driver

Makes me wonder how much it could fetch if it was truly original and not partially 800-ized? And like you Jerry, wonder if the new owner shows up here or even knows about the (generally minor) deviations?

scout2000 likes this.
  18. bull

bull Binder Driver

25k sold..safe to say the era of cheap scouts is pretty much been regulated to history

19. scout2000

It should be obvious, but I have to validate, you are speaking directly to the vehicle in this thread, the one claiming to be a Champaign model? yes?

20. scout2000

I suspect, that the new owner possibly purchased this vehicle as a well preserved Champaign.

Several senior members, that I have a lot of respect for both them, and their opinion, have voiced the opinion that they genuinely believe that this is a well optioned Champaign equipped with a lot of rare stuff that is in great condition. And a smart person would take the above for what it was and let it go.

I commented earlier, that from the interior, its definitely all Scout 80, with many rare and desirable parts. Same under the hood. I've never seen this vehicle in person, or examined it. I only have the pictures here, and in the eBay auctions to go by. And with that limited data, its like I'm seeing a merger of 2 vehicles, Scout 800a/b body parts externally, Scout 80 interior. Right now, I just can't make sense of that in my mind, and maybe I never will.

I went and reviewed all the post in the thread, and I don't believe, that we ever saw the S/N plate. I strongly suspect that it might take an in person inspection, review of the S/N + LST to fully grasp what all is going on with this vehicle.

Closing out this section, and to lighten this up, what ever is going on with this vehicle, from the pictures, and solely on the merits of being a Scout 80 (or 800a/b), its a very nice looking vehicle, looks very rust free, has a lot of great options, and, no doubt the new owner should be very happy with their purchase. Speaking only to the items not in question on this vehicle, it all looks great, and most of us here, including myself, would be happy to add it to our Binder fleet.

One way or another, it seems that many Binder owners end up here. Many for support, some to show off their cool toys, some just to find a good home for vehicles that they don't have time/space/etc for anymore.

OTOH, it is very obvious, that either the current owner/seller found his way here, or information is being push up to them, or both. If for no additional evidence than the verbiage between eBay auction #1 and #2.

I suspect, assuming that the auction goes thru, and the new owner takes possession of his new vehicle, that this thread will probably slide into the background, and there will be some other, new controversial vehicle to discuss. I will state that most of my focus in around 800's, and that I have learned a lot from this thread about Scout 80's. I hope others got as much out of this discussion as I did.

oneof3k likes this.