Like a dork, I didn't get any beginning pictures of this beast before tearing it apart ~ sorry about that. This Scout comes from beautiful BC in the great white north. Jay has stated 'why buy a new SUV when you can build one better for cheaper' ~ and hence here we are. Meet, Project Canuck (after the Vancouver Canucks) We pulled Canuck in while the shop was still fresh with the smell of epoxy floor paint. It was definately a nice place to tear into the Scout. And so we did. Quickly we realized how much Jay likes using his Scout. Right off had we noticed it was pretty dirty. And not just that, it was going to get one heck of a makeover. First to go was the suspension system. Although we're only doing a CompSOA, it turns out that the front axle was a Dana30 ~ so it had to go. So we removed the suspension parts... And dropped out the D30. Next we started on the rear suspension. The rear axle is a D44 so we set it off to the side for some cleaning and prep'd it for a rebuild. Then I got busy on some much needed cleaning ~ nothing like a wire-wheel on a grinder. Here you can see Jay already replaced the motor with a brand-new Jasper unit. Just barely broken in! With the frame cleaned up, we noticed something bad..