Members Rides

Discussion in 'Gulf Coast Binders' started by WRECKTHOSECARS, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Tumper

Tumper Farmall Cub

Just got'er back on the road...

67 Scout BFG's 5.JPG

67 Scout BFG's.JPG

67 Scout BFG's 3.JPG

2. Fred Demmon

Fred Demmon Y-Block King

That is a very clean scout

What year-trans-engine

3. Tumper

Tumper Farmall Cub

Thanks!

It's a 67, but the engine and tranny are Chevy...

The original 4cyl 3 spd were not going to suit my purpose, so I shoehorned a 350 small block crate motor and a 350 turbo tranny under it. It has a dana20 Trans case Dana 44front and Dana 60 rear axles. It's in shake-down mode at the moment. Still breaking in and dialing in the engine... But things are looking pretty good.

And, what youre looking at is the original paint... no rust other than light surface in a few spots... It was quite a find...:punk:

4. Tres03

Tres03 Binder Driver

Were going to need a lot more info on this beautiful scout. Tire size, lift, where did you get the 5 lug dana 60 from. You know, all the good stuff. Oh, and more pictures of course.

5. Tumper

Tumper Farmall Cub

OK...
    Tires 33X12.50 r15 on 15X8.5 rims

The Lift is a SOA seems to be about 6 inches over stock... Running Bilstein 5125 shocks

The rear axle is a narrowed unit out of a Mopar of some sort, I couldn't tell you what as it was already under the truck when I bought it...

The front came from that ole favorite a Scout II... With sealed hubs so no need to get out and lock them for 4WD... nice

I am running 3:54 gearing so that I don't have to run crazy rpm to go down the freeway, low range with this engine is more than enough to crawl over anyting... Though there will never be any rock crawling in this one...:nono:

The steering arms were custom built units to resolve some crazy bump steer...scary...

Tanks have been cleaned and lined, all new steel fuel lines from the tanks to the fuel switch, to the carb...

All new steel brake lines front disk rear drum.

I have the original Steel top stored, no need for it down here in southeast Texas...LOL

More pics to come... :4x4:

6. Tres03

Tres03 Binder Driver

Man it sounds awesome. I cant wait to see more pictures of it. Did you do the work yourself? You going to have to bring it to a meeting so all the guys can check it out. Oh, and bring it to the HCB bash next year. You dont have to do any rock crawling in it. I didnt do any rock crawling really and I was in a stock truck last year. Just dont follow Ziggy or you will wind up in a fence and a power pole.

7. sullyscout77

sullyscout77 Binder Driver

Saw you near the Kroger @ 105 & Loop 336 West the other day! Nice ride! Where abouts in Conroe? I'm in Rivershire subdivision, (south of Gladstell & west of I-45) in behind Hospital. Swing by some time for your GCB sticker and the "welcome aboard" speech! Look forward to meeting you and your 800! :yes: :beer:

8. Tumper

Tumper Farmall Cub

I have a Conroe Address, but I live east of the Woodlands..

That must have been the day the wife and I were out on a "shake-down" run... It's hard to keep up with all of the people that yell "NICE Scout!!" at stop lights and going down the road...it's a little startling at times...LOL! It's definitley a conversation starter...

Look forward to meeting more IH fans...

Dropping her off today to get the new high angle rear drive shaft installed this afternoon, can't wait to feel, or not feel in this case, the difference with the vibration...

Will there be a "meet-up" anytime soon for the group?

9. Tumper

Tumper Farmall Cub

Well, it helped the lower rpm vibration, but not the higher rpm... Next step, spring perches for rear axle... The angle is still too steep and it's compound, its going down and to the left to meet the ring and pinion... Custom stuff...

10. Tres03

Tres03 Binder Driver

I ran a CV rear shaft on mine that stopped all the vibrations.

11. Tumper

Tumper Farmall Cub

It's a CV from the trans case, u joint at the axle, apparantly still too much angle on the shaft for the u joint.. Apparantly the additional length of the CV joint created a bit more angle for the u joint at the axle to handle, which it isn't doing effectively... So we are going to change the spring perches and rotate the axle up slightly toward the trans case to see if that helps it out... Solve one issue, create another...LOL:hammer:

12. [​IMG]

I was 14 when I bought my first scout and I sold it prior to finishing high school. Always wanted another one. I bought this Scout II from a buddy this past summer and have spent every spare minute on it. It had an odd camo paint job with about 3 earlier coats of different colors under that. Many dents and lots of bondo. All the major dents were pulled and the whole scout was sanded down to metal. Originally it was yellow so I opted to bring it back to that color. I painted the top with john deere blitz black and will have it all back together once I get my last couple of boxes of parts via UPS! I have the original 1980 grill which almost broke in half when I removed it. Since I couldn't find a replacement I have been JB welding it back together and will be fiberglassing the entire back side by next week. I'm very new to the Scout II's but have learned so much from the members here!

Karl
    Captain, US Army (ret.)

13. tdc

tdc Dreams of Cub Cadets

The old travelette.

Attached Files:

14. rodneyvasquez

rodneyvasquez Farmall Cub

[​IMG]

new wheels and tires

15. rodneyvasquez

rodneyvasquez Farmall Cub

[​IMG]

my old scout
    wish i still had it!:confused:

16. Kromag2013

Kromag2013 Farmall Cub

new carb on order from IH Parts America. hopefully installed by the next meetup. when is that by the way?

17. Randy Z.

Randy Z. Binder Driver

Saturday, in Marble Falls :yes:

18. scoutpappa

scoutpappa Farmall Cub

I'll trade you for the weekend...it does have ac right?

19. sullyscout77

sullyscout77 Binder Driver

Welcome Kromag! Great looking camper! :yes:
    Saturday in Marble falls is the Hill Country Binder Bash! This is the only event throughout the year where you will see some great members from all three Texas Binder Clubs gathered at once. A great chance to meet some great folks, drink a few and kick some tires! Would be really cool to see your Scout in the lineup for group Scout photo. Hope you can make it. Check out the HCB forum for details. :punk:

20. Casey

Casey Farmall Cub

[​IMG] [​IMG]

So far it sounds better than it is fast, except in pulling $$ out of my pocket.....