Manuals

Discussion in 'North Texas Binders' started by Tim Evans, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Tim Evans

Tim Evans Farmall Cub

Hey NTB, I'm a new Scout owner (67 model) and want to know which publications are the best to own. I've been told to get the "shop" manuals - are those the service manuals I've seen listed on various sites? I want to be able to identify all parts, trace wiring, get original part numbers, make changes per factory specs, etc... Any help would be appreciated...
    I'm trying to make it to the Jan meeting - hoping to meet everyone there...
    Thanks,
    Tim

2. scout2000

scout2000 Dreams of Cub Cadets

I would start out with the service manual, parts manual and the owners manual that hopefully came with your Scout. Here are URL links to both the parts and service manuals. These links in particular are IH Parts America links, but you should be able to get the same thing from any of the Light Line dealers. Pick your favorite Light Line dealer based on service, price, etc.

http://www.ihpartsamerica.com/store/SLCTS-2302.html

http://www.ihpartsamerica.com/store/IHPARTSMANUAL.html

Occasionally, original period correct stuff shows up in the "for sale" section and also on eBay.

These (3) are a good starting point.

I have so much aftermarket & 3rd party stuff on my 800a, I'm writing my own manual. :(

3. Dana Strong

Dana Strong Lives in an IH Dealership

Yes, the manuals from International are the only ones which have essentially all the information you need. If you don't already have a copy of the original Line Setting Ticket (sometimes still found taped inside the glove compartment, sometimes with other papers you get from previous owners), it's worth ordering one from one of the Light Line dealers, Binder Books or directly from the Wisconsin Historical Society (whose contacts I don't have handy, but Google can find). The codes it has tell which components your Scout was built with; axles, engine, transmission, body variations, springs, etc. so you know which area to use when looking up part numbers from the breakdown diagrams.

Posted by Scout 2000:
    I started a log book on my 800B when I first got it...in early 1972...to document the maintenance on it, or any (= most) changes made to it. I also kept most, if not all, of my parts invoices...but I'm a packrat too.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
    scout2000 likes this.
  4. Greg R

Greg R Lives in an IH Dealership

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  5. Tim Evans

Tim Evans Farmall Cub

Thanks for all the responses -

6. scout2000

scout2000 Dreams of Cub Cadets

Hello Tim,

How is your (new to you) 1967 Scout progressing?

Were you able to acquire the manuals you were looking for?