M-5H-6 Front Axle questions

Discussion in 'IHC Military Vehicles' started by youric, Nov 23, 2018.

1. George Yingst

George Yingst Farmall Cub

HA!....Sure looks familiar. :punk:

2. Dave Ball

Dave Ball High Wheeler

I have seen my share of goopy fronts and rear brakes even a few dry ones packed tight with mud dobbers and spider silk and various dead stuff dragged in.
    You would think with the weep holes open some of this would drain but I think even 90 weight mixed with drum crude spun like a butter churn will make some pretty good snot.
    One thing I want to remind everyone is do not spray brake cleaner on this stuff then use a torch to heat up stubborn fasteners phosgene gas is deadly and a by product of heated chlorinated cleaners.
    I learned a long time ago to get a bucket put it under whatever is goopy boil a pan of water and pour it slowly over the gunk.
    I was having issues with cosmolene and the new gas not cleaning it off and an old guy told me to buy a hot plate at the flea market and a old pot.
    I strain off the solids and pour the water on the tarmac its evaporates and the oil residue if any helps seal up the old tarmac.
    It worked for me for years.
    :sailor::dig::angel:

3. Dave Ball

Dave Ball High Wheeler

Alright I hate to throw this into the game at this point but here goes.
    Most people know that I have over thirty years of collecting parts for these trucks and have torn apart close 20 of them.
    Fixed up half of those and provided parts for many trucks.
    Where am I going with this you ask well I knew I had to have a few of the trunion seal in my huge collection of parts somewhere...
    I have over forty boxes of NOS parts for Dodge and International it gets tough to locate stuff.
    So I found three nos seals after tear my garage a shed up and I know the fourth one is somewhere because it's the one I pulled to take the picture you see all over the web. Thought I had more and might.
    In all the parts collecting I never thought anyone would ever need this stuff.
    So here is the conundrum if you find a modern replacement for them everyone will benefit if I post two sets for sale only two members/trucks will benefit and you might quit hunting for a longer term solution.
    So what to do...

youric likes this.
  4. Dave Ball

Dave Ball High Wheeler

Here are couple pictures.

Attached Files:

youric likes this.
  5. youric

youric Farmall Cub

Dave, please put me down for a pair.
    I would also like to send you a list of the parts I'm looking for to help you lighten the load as you go through your boxes.
    I think I still have your email.

6. Dave Ball

Dave Ball High Wheeler

Send me an email vought@msn.com
    Anyone else looking for stuff that I might have talked with or dropped the ball on please do the same. Sorry been under the weather.
    On a sad note I have a lot of parts that I realize will not go to projects so I am going to take sheet metal that is not NOS for the M2, M3 and M5 to the scrap yard.
    Soon as I heal up enough to load the trailer.
    I have a set of front hubs for the FA axle they are lever locks and you ever seen any? I want $1500 for them. I bought these from a IHC dealer in Stockton CA they did not come off a truck I partied I was going to put them on my M5 to lighten the steering up on the road. But I have my truck for sale as well so...
    I also have a late 5 speed OD transmission that is a synchronized helical cut gear box this also came from the same dealer its rebuilt and I bought it for my M3 it is a drop in.
    I will take a picture when I unbury it I need $1500 for it. I have a NOS M5 steering gear and column $450 and 1 each M3 (take out good condition) and M5 grill/nose cap which is NOS.
    I have running boards for open and closed cabs, glove boxes, open cab doors, several updraft setups for all three trucks , battery boxes, new windshield frames for open cabs and much more!!!

Dave