M-2-4 questions

Discussion in 'IHC Military Vehicles' started by Metro-man, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Metro-man

Metro-man Farmall Cub

Hello, I recently picked up what I believe is a M-2-4 although I could be wrong. It does have the green diamond engine in it which I think I read is what came with the m-2-4.

I can not find any VIN numbers or any other numbers on the truck, where would I find that kind of information on it?

I think the cab is not original to it as I can't find any dash plaques or plaques behind the seat. The original paint green color of the cab is also slightly different than that of the rest of the truck.

I'll post a pic of when I first got it a couple days ago and after a afternoon of cleaning it up. If any of the experts on here need other pics to tell me more about it then please let me know.

I really appreciate any information I can find out.

2. Metro-man

Metro-man Farmall Cub

Here are some more pics I just took, so far that's the only plaque I've found, it's drivers side at the bottom inside the cab. Is that the VIN or is the number I found stamped on the drivers side frame the vin? Is there a database of the vins so I can see what year this truck is?

3. George Yingst

George Yingst Farmall Cub

The frame stamping is the VIN. The tag is a body ID tag and the cab is civilian so it really has no reference to this truck.
    I just saw the post for this truck from a few weeks ago on the Kalispel Craigslist. Now I don't need to wonder if I should call on it.

4. Metro-man

Metro-man Farmall Cub

Awesome that's great to know, thank you.
    Do you happen to live up here in NW Montana? Couldn't help but pick it up with it only being a few miles from my property. I've got no idea on values but feel I got a fair deal on it which is nice.

5. George Yingst

I'm over by Spokane, Wa. Was just looking around at local craigslist ads for IH trucks.
    From the 2 pictures I couldn't tell enough about what was there and any condition, but the asking price was not out of line.
    I have one parts M2-4 truck left if you decide to rebuild this one.

6. George Yingst

So, did you decide to let this thing go? A friend of mine just sent me a link to another craigslist ad for it.
    If so, why come??

7. Metro-man

Metro-man Farmall Cub

Didn't plan on it but ended up selling our property and before hauling it 100 miles or so to whichever place we get next I figured I'd list it. Got a few of my cars listed for sale to see if they will sell before moving them. If it doesn't sell then no worries I'll get it hauled out there and eventually work on it but we shall see.

8. George Yingst

Interesting. Just got back from an overseas vacation and have no funding. If I come up with some I will get ahold of you and come look at it.

9. Metro-man

Metro-man Farmall Cub

Perfect just let me know.