LS Engine mounts for a Scout II!

Discussion in 'Scoutco' started by Mike Moore, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Mike Moore

Mike Moore Dreams of Cub Cadets

Good deal! Thank you, Chad!

2. BO185

BO185 Y-Block King

$175 is a pretty good deal for a specialty fit LS mount. :punk: Even the cheap universal mounts are at least a 100 bill. And these things are ready to go for a SII!
    The bonus with these is the jig that allows for install with out mocking up anything! That's a huge time savings, not having to actually install a motor and get it positioned just right only to have to take it all back out. It is well worth it!!

3. Anthony Weigant

Anthony Weigant Farmall Cub

Hey Mike,

I've got an 800 you could use as a loaner. You could even leave the 5.3 in there if you dont feel like pulling it back out :D

4. E-Rod

E-Rod Farmall Cub

Any updates on these?

5. BO185

BO185 Y-Block King

What do you want to know he should have them in stock ready to go. These are nice I seen a set of them at NATS this year.

6. Mike Moore

We do have several sets in stock at this point. We haven't officially listed them yet, because we are working out a few bugs with the jigs, to make them as easy to use as possible, while trying to keep them shippable in a flat rate box to keep costs down for all of us. You can contact us via email at sales@scoutcoproducts.com, if you want to go on a set as is.:)

7. urmaster85

urmaster85 Farmall Cub

Have these gotten the bugs worked out? What oe manifolds/headers fit with these awesome ls mounts? Is there a complete kit mounts/headers/crossmember for geniv/6l80?

8. BO185

BO185 Y-Block King

The mounts will work with stock 2010-up camaro manifolds which are common used and decently cheap. The trans mount you can fab or modify a mid 80's gm 4x4 cross member. As for headers no one I know of has come to market with a set for LS into a Scout II so far. The 5th Camaro long tubes might be a close fit though.

9. Mike Moore

Have you tried our mounts with a set of 2010 Camaro manifolds?

We tried 4th gen F body, GTO, Camaro, and truck ones...no go. We have not tried the 5th gen Camaro ones...but have you? If they work, that's great...but I cannot confirm that, and I don't want folks to go out and get a set, then come back and complain to ME, because of something that YOU said.:)

That out of the way, to MY knowledge, there are no factory manifolds that work with these mounts. Early on in our swapping, a few years ago, we did build a Scout with a 5.3 in it, and the 4th gen (1998-2002) LS1 Camaro/Firebird manifolds worked, but with our new mounts, we set the engine back farther for more clearance up front for fans and intake elbows...and the stock manifolds will no longer clear the firewall.

So, what do we do? We had a supplier for low cost stainless headers that worked well, but that supplier has pootered out on us. We were trying to work with another company to get cost down, but that has turned us up empty handed as well. For right now, we are using stainless headers from XS Power. They are low end pieces, not really a "NICE" header, but for $200 a pair, you can afford to get a couple sets over the life of the Scout if they ever fall apart. We have had no problems with any yet, and it is what I have planned to use in my own Scout (hopefully soon). At the current price even, these are less than the ones we had originally sold to a few folks, so it is a deal...but I still want to try to get a better option someday. So, for now, you can find them on eBay, or from here:
    http://xs-power.com/chevrolet-headers-2.htm

We have worked on a crossmember for the 4lxxe, but not the 6lxxe. We had one go out and the customer said it hit his CV joint...come to find out his CV was larger then what we'd used to mock it up! So, we shelved the crossmember idea fro the time being, just too busy to get all the bugs worked out on it. We have two more LS/4l60e swaps lined up for the near future, plus my LS/NV4500 sometime for myself, so maybe we will work on it some more then.

10. urmaster85

urmaster85 Farmall Cub

Awesome thanks for clarifying. Will be doing business with scoutco soon.

11. BO185

BO185 Y-Block King

No I have not tried them. But the 5th gens dump stright down in the rear. But if the motor is that far back than it would hit the fire wall I bet.

12. BO185

BO185 Y-Block King

MIke I dug my old F-body manifolds out to comare to the newer ones I will Have to post a picture but I Bet the newer ones might just work with your mount position. i can post pictures of the two next to each other and give measurements if your interested.