Local Scout buildup

Discussion in 'Southwest Scouts of Oklahoma' started by Tim Gilpin, Sep 13, 2009.

1. bbranch

bbranch Farmall Cub

Sounds like you got it going your way.

Power steering pump WAS stock that came on the Vortec. Can't really remember what happened to it. A friend up here had one from.....Just went blank...... Can't remember the name of the outfit, but they pretty much do steering only. It needed a pulley cause he wanted the aluminum special sized pulley for his show car. Long story short. HP pump that doesn't have lid. It is threaded so you can put a fitting to gravity feed fluid from the resevoir. It has a stock size pulley, works good but not great. I'm pretty good with a grinder but I have some PLASMA cutting to do with my new toy. Then have to add bushings to my 4 links. Good Luck.

2. Tim Gilpin

Tim Gilpin Farmall Cub

Bushings? Are you rebuilding the existing ones or going to bushings for some reason? I worked last night and finished most of the bracing for the front shock mounts. Wasnt super productive but bending and notching tube alone is tough. Im on track though and feeling good about completion dates.

TIm

3. bbranch

bbranch Farmall Cub

:wrenching:No I have bushings @ the frame end of the links. I broke a bolt in one of them and the bushing in that one and the lower one needed some attention. So I am just replacing all 4 of them. Keep on :wrenching:

4. Mike Scherr

Mike Scherr Farmall Cub

Fellas,

I am off today. I hope to finish my front 1/4s and get paint on them. I have a days worth of work if I want the new bumper in place for Co and I few hours to spend on the right side of the front axle. I am not off again until the 27th but I hope to be able to :wrenching: at night.

Sounds like we are on for the 30th at Holy Cross. Should we see if any of the locals want to join us?

5. bbranch

bbranch Farmall Cub

The more the merrier.:rockon:

6. Tim Gilpin

Tim Gilpin Farmall Cub

Ok not a lot of work done this weekend but i did get a new set of seats and got them mounted. 99 percent of fab is done just need to finish weld. Im on schecule for a shake down this sunday I think. Anyone want to meet me in disney?

Tim

7. bbranch

bbranch Farmall Cub

We'll be in the mountains of Wyoming or I would. See you the next weekend in Colorado.

8. Tim Gilpin

Tim Gilpin Farmall Cub

[​IMG]
    Just a size reference on the joints I'm using.

[​IMG]
    Front axle all trussed up.

[​IMG]
    front tube work and bracing.

[​IMG]

I have almost all the welding and fab done. Just a million little things now while I wait on shocks, driveshaft, and a few misc parts to arive over the next three days.

9. bbranch

bbranch Farmall Cub

No LIFEGUARD needed on BPlanet....:censored: ha ha ha

10. Tim Gilpin

Tim Gilpin Farmall Cub

Yeah gotta keep it clean over here. Update: ran through 2 cans of flat black and 2 cans of gloss white last night. It is ready to bolt together tonight and maybe take it for a short test drive. Still on schedule for a weekend shakedown and barring any catastrophes head for RMIHR thursday after work.

11. bbranch

bbranch Farmall Cub

Cool, drove in this morning about 4:30.What did you decide on rooms.

12. Mike Scherr

Mike Scherr Farmall Cub

Tim,

If you can do your test run without me, please do. I have not had the night wrenching I need, and may need a day to button mine up.

To many hours:gun_bandana: and not enough :wrenching:

M

13. Tim Gilpin

Tim Gilpin Farmall Cub

Allright guys. I've been thinking... How about a supercharged gm 3800 v6/700r4/dana 300. I think it will be fairly cheap/lightweight/240 hp stock and well I love boost :D.

Oh yeah and I still dont know where my scout engine is hemoraging oil from. Im just gonna replace all the gaskets and go from there.

14. bbranch

bbranch Farmall Cub

I have left the only thing you really need to brainstorm on. These just won't last with 42" meats. George and others have allready tried. Can't remember how many he broke w/a whimpy 305. Just jump in w/both feet and get something in-destructable.....Its name has 5 letters and price has 4 #'s. It starts with a vowell. Do you need any more hints? Send me some pics of the 1/2 doors please.

15. Tim Gilpin

Tim Gilpin Farmall Cub

I know I know but good grief 2g is so much money for one component. Guess Ill just save and put off that part of the build a little further.

Pictures of half doors are on my to do list but I am sitting on an airplane headed back to ak for a week so they will be delayed slightly...

Tim