Line set ticket info

Discussion in 'General IH Tech' started by Jcelder, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Jcelder

Jcelder Farmall Cub

I received the Line Set ticket for my Travelette recently and found it to be a wealth of information. I’ll post it here for two reasons. 1. People seem to love to see them and 2. I’m stuck on figuring out the date code. Any insight?[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. BinderBookie

BinderBookie High Wheeler

There is no "date code" on this page. Is there a second page? That will have the actual date of production but in a lot of cases, the second page wasn't put on the fiche. I don't know how to decode Slot Dates on Springfield LSTs (Scout LSTs didn't get them until later and I can't decode them either). I have been told they are only a rough idea anyway, as it's when it was planned to go down the line, not when it actually did. The actual build date could be a few days or weeks on either side of that. I am more familiar with Scout LSTs and it's possible Springfield was better at running thing thru as planned than Fort Wayne. But still, I haven't found the "Rosetta Stone" for slot dates anyway.

Jcelder likes this.
  3. Jcelder

Jcelder Farmall Cub

Here’s the second page. It shows a date of 8/4 (Aug. 4th most likely) but it doesn’t help me confirm a year. The Travelette was sold to me as a ‘70 (I knew it wasn’t), previously registered as a ‘73 (we know how that works) and the SN comes up as a ‘71 on my local garage’s parts computer.

Lots of info on the pages, if only the decoder ring existed for all of it! Thanks for the help. [​IMG]

4. BinderBookie

Definitely prior to 74 since it has a six digit prefix and no letter year code. Looks to me like a 1971 model year truck built in August of 1970. I stand to be corrected but that's what it looks like to me.

I have a '71 Data book and the model code susses out to a 149 inch wheelbase Travelette with a 6.5' Bonus Load Bed. If you want any translation on the equipment codes, I can do that.

Jcelder likes this.
  5. mongocanfly

mongocanfly Binder Driver

where it says test date ..could that mean thats when it was titled....maybe jan 31 71? even though the 7 is missing
    43015c9cf2ebfa9e76d9c78e8d0926cb_LI.jpg

6. BinderBookie

That's "Slot Date" and it's a code number, not a date.

7. mongocanfly

mongocanfly Binder Driver

yeah I was just looking at that...at 1st I thought it said test but when I zoomed in on it it started looking like slot...
    ps ...I have trouble with eye charts to...haha

Jcelder likes this.
  8. Jcelder

Jcelder Farmall Cub

You’d certainly be right on that. At some point the box came off and a flatdeck and gooseneck ball were installed. If anyone has a decent 6.5’ box or service bed kicking around, I could maybe find a use for it!

The rest of the codes I think I’ve got figured out. I was just hung up on what year the truck actually is so I can get the appropriate manuals. Thanks![​IMG]

9. RinTX

RinTX High Wheeler

Nice looking truck!

Jcelder likes this.