light in engine bay? and another random wire

Discussion in 'General IH Tech' started by scorp1us, Nov 2, 2014.

1. scorp1us

scorp1us High Wheeler

I just discovered a 2-wire light recepticle that is coming through the firewall near center, slighty passenger side. Where does it go?

And I have another singke wire connector coming through from below the passenger head light what does it go to? All my lights work.

2. Eric VanBuren

Eric VanBuren Lives in an IH Dealership

Any pictures?

Not sure why there would be a light socket in the engine compartment.

The single connector near the passenger side headlight is almost certainly for the horn. Base models had a single horn that was mounted on the driver's side. Deluxe models got the dual note horn and the second horn was fitted as a mirror image to the one on the driver's side.

3. churchman

churchman Farmall Cub

I have a light in the engine compartment. It just is dangling in there. I never really knew where it went or if it ever goes on. Bulb is probably bad.

4. Tim Potter

Tim Potter High Wheeler

The lone bulb dangling in the engine compartment would have to be the light that was once in the auto trans shifter console that illuminated the gear selector when the lights are on. It may have fallen out and overlooked if the trans was serviced. Put a bulb in the socket, pull the light switch and see if the circuit is still working

5. churchman

churchman Farmall Cub

Well that would make sense since it had a auto trans in it when I got it. It was toast so I had a donor scout and put a t18 in it many years ago. I love the t18.