July IHSTO Meeting?

Discussion in 'IH Scouts & Trucks of Oregon' started by Colin Rush, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Colin Rush

Colin Rush Man of Voive Staff Member Moderator

I am pretty sure that I already know the answer to this, but I did not see it specifically posted in the forum.

Is there, or is there not a meeting at Chu's tonight?

2. Chrispucci

Chrispucci High Wheeler

The calendar here and on IHSTo_Org says no monthly meeting in July....

3. Colin Rush

Yes, but not everyone looks there for information. The BB forum changes every day, and has the most up-to-date information on the 'net.

I like the IHSTo_Org site, but it is pretty static. Same with the calendar. For current notices or changes, I look for the Stickies in this forum, as do other people. I felt somone should mention it here.

4. M. Mayben

M. Mayben High Wheeler

The IHSTo_Org website is FAR from being "static"!

Chris has done an outstanding job behind the scenes keeping it up to date, adding MUCH fresh content, and doing much behind the scenes to further our relationship with other special interest groups with banner ads, links, etc.

Just keeping a calendar updated with the constant flow of edits to be handled is a major job for a VOLUNTEER who handles our website inna turnkey manner! No whining, no "maybe when I get time", no "I don't know", he just does what needs to be done and moves on.

5. John Donnelly

John Donnelly Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Wow.....

Colin just asked a question, Mike. He didn't insult anyone, at least as far as I can see here. Chris answered him, and Colin gave his perspective on his reply. I didn't, and don't see a need to get so defensive. Nobody here questions Chris' desire or skills, or his "can-do" attitude.

IHSTO is a family, and you just kicked one of your brothers in the nards.

I know that Binder Bee is coming up. I know that things are stressful. I have been there, buddy, I know.

But nobody was attacking anyone here. Until you posted that....... well, I don't know what to call it.... diatrabe?

-John

6. Colin Rush

If one wants to alert the OR IH people quickly and effectively, the methods include:
    Verbal notice at the meeting, which folks may or may not attend.
    Posting in the BB Calendar, which people need to specifically seek out to find.
    Visit the IHSTO website, which folks still need to specifically seek out.
    Post in the club forum, which was the first online forum the club ever had, and which remains an excellent way to get IHSTO information out.

Thousands of folks visit the BB, while tens or maybe hundreds may visit the IHSTO site. While the IHSTO site is very nice, it is a roadsign, while the BB forum is a billboard.

Not to provoke an argument which of the four methods is best, one of those four methods was overlooked, which is why I made the post. I obviously missed the others, which means others people besides me could just as easily miss them. At the very least, a Sticky in the IHSTO forum with a link to the calendar or the IHSTO site would have been a good idea.

7. IHGRAMP

IHGRAMP Farmall Cub

John

Take a pill and chill out. Then read your own post and think about how it sounds. All Mike did is give "his perspective" on Chris's work. Ever hear the saying "if the shoe fits wear it"?

8. scoutboy74

scoutboy74 Lives in an IH Dealership

I've read and I've re-read Mike's post numerous times looking for even the slightest hint of "nard kicking" and I'll be dipped if I can find a lick of it. Not one word even comes close to being what I would consider an attack on anyone. Did he stick up for someone? Most vehemently he did. Now Colin does make a valid point. Still, the information in question was two mouse clicks and a short scroll away. Also, I've noticed in months where there is a meeting, Carl has created a reminder thread in the club forum with consistent consistency consistently. There was no such thread this month. In summary, there was really no reason why anyone should have been thrown under the bus over such an insignificant matter. Like John says, this is a family club and we are brothers. I certainly hope the hatchet can be buried quickly on this one so that we may all get on to more important things. We have an important birthday to celebrate tomorrow. May everyone have a safe and happy 4th of July.

9. binderbound

binderbound High Wheeler

I seem to remember at least the last 4 or so club meetings where Carl announced there would be no July meeting because of the 'bee'. Maybe I remember because I hang on every word that comes out of our presidents mouth :)

10. John Donnelly

John Donnelly Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Yes, I have heard that before, and my perspective of his statement read like an attack on Colin.

If I misunderstood, fair enough, but is sure seemed like a valid point was made, and a broadside was the reply from someone who has nothing to do with it.

I agree with Scoutboy, no hatchet here. Not ever. But...

This is something that should have been addressed by the club president, or maybe the secretary. I have discussed this thread with the President, and we will see what he has to say.

Bottom line, everyone here is a friend, and I know I don't like it when I see friends fire cannonades over each others bow. With that said, I will take my fitting shoes, wear them, and see you all at the show, and have a good time.

Best,

John

11. IHGRAMP

IHGRAMP Farmall Cub

John

Looking forward to seeing you at the binder bee and we will have a good time. It's interesting the same shoe also fits me.

Ken

12. Carl Wiese

Carl Wiese Moderator Staff Member Moderator

No meeting this month, I apologize for not getting it posted up here, but figured I had mentioned it enough, or if an avid reader of the BB had any questions they would post up and ask. Life and Bee work has gotten the better of me, so yes things get missed.

Typically before I can put up a meeting announcement Chris does, which I thank him for. Colin, I know you know the answer to this question, so you in my mind are just as able to remind people as Chris or myself. Either way, the info is out there and I haven't had any nasty phone calls about meetings being missed. Chris I would like to thank you for your volunteer work on IHSTo_Org. The site does a great job of tracking club activites and for someone who does it as a hobby, it looks damn good too. It is the FIRST place anyone should check for info regarding IHSTO activities.

Remember folks Binder Bee is next week!! I am very excited and can't wait. I hope to see you all there!!

El Prez!

13. Chrispucci

Chrispucci High Wheeler

947 Views on the first page of IHSTo_Org for the month of June.

236 Views in the Last 7 days.

14. Chrispucci

Chrispucci High Wheeler

Thank you Carl. I do what I can do.

And the only reason I post up for the meeting is out of habit --- and 'cause I know you are very busy.

15. Lyle Wiese

Lyle Wiese High Wheeler

Yes, "maybe the secretary" should have posted "no meeting". But I ask everyone to remember this orgainzation is run strictly on volunteers. Volunteers who are dedicated to IHSTO because of what it is. An orgainzation of those with an interest in IH products. History shows many of the IHSTO volunteers wear several hats when it comes to managing the organization. The secretary does as well. Due to the lack of interested folk at election time, your secretary is also your treasurer. Your secretary is also in charge of registration for the Binder Bee, a daily job as of late. This is in addition to a more than full time job and currently supporting my wife who is caring for her mother who recently underwent hip replacement surgery.

A simple phone call to the President (a volunteer), whose phone number has been posted here on the BB and in every newsletter, would have verified the fact of "no meeting" and then could have been posted as such by either individual. (All of the volunteers on the board of IHSTO welcome any help they can get.)

A phone call to the secretary (a volunteer), (my number is in the book), or an email (my email is in the newsletter) would have also answered the question.

A mouse click gets you to the calendar here on the BB (maintained by volunteers), where there was no IHSTO meeting listed unlike other months except December.

Several key strokes would take you to www.ihsto.org , 13 to be exact, the IHSTO club website (totally maintained by 1 volunteer) and then 1 mouse click takes you to the calendar where it stated "July 3rd-NO MONTHLY MEETING (Binder Bee’s coming!!)". Less key strokes and mouse clicks than the original post in this thread.

A review of the calendar in the last IHSTO newsletter (also put together and mailed by volunteers to over 300 IHSTO members) would have verified the fact of "no July meeting". The IHSTO newsletter is also available on the club website.

Volunteerism is decribed in one online dictionary as: "the practice of using volunteer workers, especially in community service or educational organizations and programs" No where does it say volunteers are perfect in everything they do.

Volunteerism is what makes IHSTO what it is, an organization full of fun, family and fellowship. Volunteerism, and a lot of it, is bringing you the 4th Annual Great Western Binder Bee and a great Bee it will be.

Election of the IHSTO "volunteer" board of directors is coming up in September. Please consider being nominating for a board position. Some new blood is needed on the board as some of the old blood is needing a break.

Now I need to put on my Binder Bee registration hat and process some more Binder Bee pre-registraions.

See you at the Bee.

Lyle

Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
  16. Lyle Wiese

Lyle Wiese High Wheeler