JP's '73 Short bed

Discussion in 'Canyon Offroad' started by az scout guy, Feb 20, 2013.

1. az scout guy

az scout guy Binder Driver

I have a little time to post up some pics and stats on a couple builds we have been working on, this is one of my favorites.:punk:

We have done a lot of work on this truck over the last year, it came to us after several local and non local shops had worked on it but failed to do the right things

Some specs on the truck
    IC392 .040 over ( now TBI with 454 throttle body)
    TF727
    NP 205 T.C
    Front Dana 44, 4.10 and a Power lock, disc conversion
    Rear Dana 60, 4.10 and a Power lock disc conversion

Attached Files:

2. az scout guy

For the TBI, we used a Hamilton Fuel injection kit, Bill's kit are very nice, this is the third kit of his we have installed and we are very happy with them.

The truck has dual tanks so we used a six way selector switch made by Pollack, these switches make it easy to run the tbi with dual tanks. The valve has 4 inlets, 2 returns and two feeds, and only 2 outlets, 1 return and one feed. Both the fuel tanks and sending units are ran through the same switch. ( these work great on Scout 80 /800's)

Attached Files:

3. az scout guy

Some more pics

Attached Files:

4. Bill USN-1

Bill USN-1 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Nice work Jayson.

That looks very familiar since i have a 72 TA set up almost exactly the same!

Just a tip for you guys on something I am getting ready to do a write up on...
    The tanks on the TA and the 80/800's with the drainplugs. Another simple way to add the feed and return is to pull the drainplug(normally 1/2x20) and tap for a 1/4 NPT or try to find a 1/2x20 nipple. Then use that as the new feed and use the original pickup line as the return.
    It keeps from having to replace those old little pickup tubes they installed in some of the tanks and restrict the EFI feed since most pickup tubes are 5/16 and 1/4 on the 80/800.
    The 392 can get thirsty!
    The return is now at the bottom of the tank and helps reduce vapor in the summer.

HTH