Jon' Scout, AKA 30 day Scout build Part 2

Discussion in 'Binder Builds' started by Gary Billings, Oct 6, 2014.

1. gwinter1129

gwinter1129 High Wheeler

Very photogenic, the Scout. greg

2. backcountry

backcountry Farmall Cub

Scout was on tire duty today. Shuttling around new rubber for my Tacoma. New ADS/Slee off road coil overs and OME Dakar 8 leaf spring packs. Also had them install their sliders. Should be pretty stout and ready for tow duty.
    IMG_20150603_153629.jpg IMG_20150603_084247.jpg IMG_20150603_142151.jpg

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  3. backcountry

backcountry Farmall Cub

Tacoma turned out pretty AMAZING and the new 33" Duratraks look mean on it. Thanks to Slee Offroad for quality products and over the top treatment. Those guys down there know their products and did a phenomenal job on building this thing up for Tow duty.

BTW THIS NEW FORUM SETUP SUCKS!!!!!!! this is why everyone left Audiworld for Quattroworld. So who is gonna setup a new BinderWorld forum with the old format.
    IMG_20150603_175914.jpg

Mike Scherr likes this.
  4. Mike Scherr

Mike Scherr Farmall Cub

Gary,
    Thanks for this ignition switch part #. I broke the key off in my 80 switch last night and this is the simplest solution.

Mike

5. Gary Billings

Gary Billings Dreams of Cub Cadets

I'm glad my trials, tribulations & ramblings helped you out Mike!

-Gary

6. Gary Billings

The Scout is back at my house for a little love. Jon wasn't happy with the way the original springs handled and the way the truck sat. The near 50 year old springs had seen better days and it leaned to one side.

So, it was time for some new springs! I picked up a used set of IH Parts America lift springs and threw them on there. The spring packs are a little bit thicker and the truck sits up about 3" higher than it did before. It also sits level now :)

DCP_0006.JPG

DCP_0008.JPG

DCP_0009.JPG

DCP_0010.JPG
    -Gary

scout2000 likes this.
  7. scout2000

scout2000 Dreams of Cub Cadets

I purchased the same springs from IH Parts America. I found it to be a pretty high quality kit.

8. backcountry

backcountry Farmall Cub

Gary!!!!!!.... you're a TRUE friend! I appreciate everything you have done for me over the years. Truly owe so much to you. Thank you! Also so many thanks to Lori for putting up with me and this project so for many years. I owe you two an endless amount of crepes! Seriously can't wait for you to come see the Airstream in ACTION!!!! would mean a lot! Thanks again bud!

~Jon

9. backcountry

backcountry Farmall Cub

Whats weird is three years ago today Gary brought this Scout down from Evergreen to me in Denver. Today he delivered it again after stage theree of Restoration phase.... Thanks again man, hope you guys had fun at the stock show!

I sure do miss the mountain living, city life blows!!!! People are rude!!!! Gary saw it today in my drive. Think the world is theirs!!!! Way too many people. Way too many stoners just clueless on how to drive... I could go on...

but.....seriously...

next phase of the restoration is moving back up the hill... See you soon Gary!

~Jon

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  10. Gary Billings

Jon, hopefully the Scout rides/handles much better now and is a lot easier to fill up at the gas station! It seemed to do just fine on my drive down.

I don't know how you do it...living in the city. We were only down there for a few hours and saw so many rude people it was unbelievable. Anyway, the mountains are calling you!

I can't believe it's been over 3 years since the initial project started. The funny thing is that your first problem was gas tanks. The latest problem was gas tanks too ;) Hopefully you'll be good to go with those tanks but let me know if there's any issues and we'll do some "warranty" work, LOL

-Gary

11. Scat_bucket

Scat_bucket Farmall Cub