Jeep Rear Bumper for Scout II

Discussion in 'General IH Tech' started by sl600, Apr 6, 2020.

1. sl600

sl600 Farmall Cub

Anyone know if Jeep CJ rear bumpers will fit the Scout II? Scout II has an overall width only 1.5" wider than the CJ and I have heard some people have done it but wondering if anyone knows for sure. The options for the Scout are just too limited and the aesthetics are not as nice as the HUGE selection available for the Jeep so thought this may be the better route. I have a 73 Scout II. Thanks

Scoutcamper likes this.
  2. Darrel

Darrel Dreams of Cub Cadets

You would need to fabricate mounting brackets.

sl600 and winchested like this.
  3. Afireinside2285

Afireinside2285 High Wheeler

Also look at early bronco 66-77 bumpers. I believe giddum up scout used these with slightly different bracket or maybe just holes. Cant remember exactly

sl600 likes this.
  4. Patrick Morris

Patrick Morris Lives in an IH Dealership

I assume you mean aftermarket bumpers and not those funny hoop shaped "bumperettes" that came stock on the CJs. The CJ-7s anyway. I'm sure you could get and aftermarket bumper to fit with a little work.

Hey, we use the Bronco mirrors all the time. Why not the bumpers. I actually like the Bronco factory bumpers a lot, chromed or painted, much more than the Scout II factory bumpers. I looked into maybe finding some for my Scout way back when. For the front anyway.

sl600, I happen to have my rear bumper off at the moment, been doing a little bit of a repair of minor trail-damage. Here you can see the odd looking brackets that mount the factory chrome bumper to the frame. You might be able to get them to work with a Jeep aftermarket bumper, but it would probably be best to make custom brackets, as Darrell said, to interface with the Scout frame. Pieced that have the holes in the same orientation as these factory brackets. FYI, if you pursue this project, you'll find that the factory brackets are the same piece, "flipped". There is no Right and Left. So you'd just be making two identical pieces with the same trapezoid hole pattern.

IMG_1835.JPG

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020