Introduction and Questions

Discussion in 'General IH Tech' started by clemson55, Aug 31, 2014.

1. clemson55

clemson55 Farmall Cub

Picked up this 69 Scout 800A about a week ago, and it got delivered today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Anyone ever seen or have anything like these letters/numbers on their scout? I have NSW and another letter, looks like maybe an I and some numbers on the passenger door that are a lot harder to make out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Has a 4 cylinder but I'm not sure which one, so first question how can I tell which one I have? I'm going to order the line ticket but it just got here so I haven't gotten that far yet.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Next question this box appears to have been the home to a family of mice for a while I cleaned it out the best I could sticking my hand in it. Is there an easy way to open it to make sure I got it all cleaned out? Couldn't really see a way to get it open.
    [​IMG]
    As you can see theres some floor replacement to be done, I read in a thread 16 guage steel, just wanted to verify that is the correct thickness? Is it the same for body panels or is that a different size?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last question which unfortunately doesn't have an accompanying picture right now. To start the scout you have to touch together a blue and a red wire that are hanging out from behind the gauge cluster. There are actually 2 red and 2 blue wires there. The guy I bought it from said he thought maybe the voltage regulator was missing and that's what the wires were supposed to go to? I don't really have any idea so I'm hoping someone else does. I can get a picture if it will help.
    Thanks in advance for the help.

2. clemson55

clemson55 Farmall Cub

Just went to get some used rubber so I can move the scout a little easier. The tires are P215/75B15, the guy asked it they were military. Anyone have any experience with tires this size?

3. gpa

gpa Binder Driver

Tires? Yes.
    They are too small.

4. Scout61

Scout61 Farmall Cub

Looks like a heater box, mice like warm places:4x4: