intake

Discussion in 'Scoutco' started by Gottbetter, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Gottbetter

Gottbetter Farmall Cub

Have you thought about selling an intake to go with your larger downpipe? I like the simple one in your test photo's. Anything beats the OEM intake!

2. Mike Moore

Mike Moore Dreams of Cub Cadets

I've thought about it, but they are so darn easy to "make" that I couldn't sleep at night charging folks to "make" them.:no:

It all bolts on with minimal hand tools. Order a K&N filter, number RU3560. The last one I bought ran about $40. While you are at the parts store get an exhaust adapter...2.25" ID/2.25" OD I THINK, a couple 2.5" or a little bigger hose clamps, and you are ready to go. Remove the stock filter housing and vertical "S" pipe that lead into the turbo (12mm wrench, straight screwdriver), leaving the rubber 90 degree elbow on the inlet of the turbo. Stuff the exhaust piece into the rubber elbow, clamp it ...stuff the K&N onto the other end of the pipe, clamp it. Viola, there you have it. All for under $50, and way less than an hour's time.:clap:

Keep your stock set-up for wet wheeling weekends, though. I wouldn't trust the K&N set up described above in that situation, though I have run mine in some HARD rain and never had a moment's problem.:)

You can really hear the turbo whine with this set-up. Makes it feel faster, anyhow.;):yes:

3. Mike Moore

Mike Moore Dreams of Cub Cadets

Here's a pic that shows it all fairly well:
    [​IMG]