Inrtoduction

Discussion in 'Old Dominion Binders Association' started by clemson55, Sep 8, 2014.

1. clemson55

clemson55 Farmall Cub

Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself, just picked up this '69 800 a couple weeks back, I'm in Hampton. Just wondering if theres anyone else in the Tidewater area or anyone else with an 80/800. Seems like from what I've seen most people are Richmond or further and have Scout I/II's.
    [​IMG]

2. Ty M

Ty M Farmall Cub

Hi Clemson! We've got people all spread out. I'm in Richmond now but I'm originally from the Beach. Check out the Project No Compression thread in ODBA for a look at Sid's Scout 80. There's a couple of 'em lurking around.

Looks like you aired down your tires a little too much! :) What's the condition of your Scout? Does it run, ran when parked, who knows...? In any case, looks like a decent starting point. :4x4:

Ty

3. jfulwider

jfulwider Farmall Cub

Welcome to the sickness Clemson. We have a page on Facebook if you are on FB.
    You can join that as well. You have purchased what I've always wanted, I'm a little jealous. Have fun with it. If you need anything just ask. We have a lot of talented people who are always willing to lend advise and a helping hand too on occasion.

4. clemson55

clemson55 Farmall Cub

Thanks guys.

To answer the questions. Runs guy dumped some gas in the carb and fired it up for me. I will be going through it though. Brakes will need to be done all around and I'm thinking a new booster too. Tranny is rebuild/replace I'll decide once I get it open, tcase may be the same, seems frozen at the moment. Body is solid, I have been finding more rust as a go but still what I would say is low rust for a vehicle in this area.

5. Mike Moore

Mike Moore Dreams of Cub Cadets

Welcome! Cool lookin' little 800! What is the original color of it? The sliding quarter glass has me intrigued. ;)

6. jfulwider

jfulwider Farmall Cub

Yep only 3 packages had the quarter glass right? The Aristocrat, Commanche, and the SR-2 as far as I know of.

7. Mitch Neal

Mitch Neal High Wheeler

It was an option on any of them. It still could have a doll up package, but don't hold your breath just because of the sliders.

8. clemson55

clemson55 Farmall Cub

I haven't found another color on it other than the green, I plan on ordering the line set ticket in the next couple days so I can find out all the factory info. I'm not aware of it having any special package, I haven't found anything special or distinguishing for any special package yet.

9. Mike Moore

Mike Moore Dreams of Cub Cadets

They were options, like Mitch said. I just wondered, though...:)

10. fasteddy46

fasteddy46 Farmall Cub

If it were a doll up it would be an aristocrat. The side marker are those from a scout built in 69-70. The aristocrat time period. The sr2 and Comanche had the later side marker lights. Not saying it is or was one. Just commenting on the body type.
    Congrats on the scout.

11. clemson55

clemson55 Farmall Cub

It was built for the Navy, bare bones, no extras of any kind that I can find except for those sliding windows.